Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 47538 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #1035 on: January 23, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
Ramen noodles with cheese.
Guardian of the Empire

Graelwyn

« Reply #1036 on: January 23, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
Steamed vegetables and seafood, half a muffin, half a salmon and cream cheese sandwich/half a tuna, hummous and salad sandwich. (not all at once, obviously)

Graelwyn

« Reply #1037 on: January 24, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »
Half an egg salad sandwich, weight watchers date and walnut cake slice, seafood and salad (is my diet getting a little repetitive here,  lol?)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1038 on: January 24, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #1039 on: January 24, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »
Take some stool softeners like colace or mild laxatives like Milk of magnesia.  Constipation is a side effect of prescription pain killers.  Plus keep your fluid intake up, water, juice....not alcohol.  Or since you like things up your butt, bisacodyl suppositories.  Seriously, I'm giving serious advice!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1040 on: January 24, 2007, 05:52:24 PM »
Take some stool softeners like colace or mild laxatives like Milk of magnesia.  Constipation is a side effect of prescription pain killers.  Plus keep your fluid intake up, water, juice....not alcohol.  Or since you like things up your butt, bisacodyl suppositories.  Seriously, I'm giving serious advice!

how did you know that i like things up my butt?
Misunderstood.

Graelwyn

« Reply #1041 on: January 24, 2007, 07:03:49 PM »
hmm, I seem to be the only female who posts on here...are all the other female members anorexic??????? :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1042 on: January 24, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.

I have been there and done that after my surgeries.  The first time it happened I called Ask a Nurse, but I was too embarrassed to give them my name. 

Narcotic painkillers slow down the motility of your intestines as a side effect, so you need a laxative that directly affects intestinal motility.  Dulcolax pills or Dulcolax suppositories will definitely help.  The suppositories work faster, but they cause a bit more cramping for me. 

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1043 on: January 24, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
hmm, I seem to be the only female who posts on here...are all the other female members anorexic??????? :P

I post here sometimes and I am definitely not anorexic.  I just finished a fish sandwich from Wendy's.  I took my daughter there after she finished her therapeutic horseback riding lesson.

Graelwyn

« Reply #1044 on: January 24, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »
Fish sandwich? Think they do those at mcdonalds too. We need more women posting here so I don't feel so conspicuous in my eating habits, lol. I have polished off a Ib of melon and 2 diet chocolate mousses since dinner. Done an hour of exercise too.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1045 on: January 24, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.

I have been there and done that after my surgeries.  The first time it happened I called Ask a Nurse, but I was too embarrassed to give them my name. 

Narcotic painkillers slow down the motility of your intestines as a side effect, so you need a laxative that directly affects intestinal motility.  Dulcolax pills or Dulcolax suppositories will definitely help.  The suppositories work faster, but they cause a bit more cramping for me. 
do you think that i might be at a risk to get a bowel obstruction as a result of taking painkillers.  given my history?
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #1046 on: January 24, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

how did you know that i like things up my butt?

Uh, I duknow, wild guess, mebbe, seriously, I had some colitis constipation yesterday and it made me feel, bluntly, shitty!  Colace is a stool softener that makes it easier to go, bisacodyl suppositories are also good and obtained at any pharmacy.  I also recommend Dulcolax pills or liquid for gentle laxativ effect.   It's weird how our guts, especially in the poop category can affect our lives.  Callaway is of a like mind as me.  Don't dawdle!

ozymandias

« Reply #1047 on: January 24, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.

do you think that i might be at a risk to get a bowel obstruction as a result of taking painkillers.  given my history?

Especially considering your history!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1048 on: January 24, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.

i have been farting alot these poast two days.  an unusual amount.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1049 on: January 24, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »
4 vicodine.

i wish i could poop.

i have been farting alot these poast two days.  an unusual amount.

I was trying to remember the active ingredient in Dulcolax suppositories and it is bisacodyl, just like Ozymandias suggested.  They work within 15 - 60 minutes.  I took them after I delivered my daughter by Caesarean section and they helped me feel better fast.

http://www.dulcolaxusa.com/us/Main/Dulcolax/trust/supps/index.jsp