Author Topic: Gun control Aussie stlye  (Read 414 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Gun control Aussie stlye
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »
CANBERRA (Reuters) – Australian police released Friday a shocking x-ray photo showing the skull of a murdered Chinese immigrant shot 34 times in the head and neck with a high-power nail gun.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090424/od_nm/us_skull

Ban them quick think of the innocents ::)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

Re: Gun control Aussie stlye
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:32 AM »
 :plus: Any nail gun capable of firing more than 30 nails without reloading should only be in Police and Military carpenters hands.

Has a cause of death been determined yet?  ???  :zoinks:

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »
:plus: Any nail gun capable of firing more than 30 nails without reloading should only be in Police and Military carpenters hands.

Has a cause of death been determined yet?  ???  :zoinks:

He died from trauma caused by a heavy blunt instrument. It is speculated to be hammer-strikes which missed the nail-heads.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 03:16:16 AM »
Here in Sweden they call it a "shooting" if someone shoots on random with an air gun, sometimes even with a soft air gun.  ::)

There were big headlines in the papers when there was a big paintball contest in some city some years ago. The reporters said to the cops: "Will you actually allow people to run around with guns?"  :headslap:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:14:35 AM »
Nail guns are fun if you put a wire around the safety you can shoot them,  They go about 40 feet and will stick  :laugh: 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:07:57 AM »
Nail guns are fun if you put a wire around the safety you can shoot them,  They go about 40 feet and will stick  :laugh: 

... or, if you are a little clumsy and hit your boot just right, it will shoot a sixteen penny nail completely through your work boots and your instep and the sole of your boots and your foot will be nailed to the rafter while you lose your balance and fall and hang upside down by one foot and scream a lot and try for the next ten minutes to convince your co-workers that you aren't just fucking around again and that you actually need some help to get this nail pulled out of your foot.

Just ask my brother.

:lol:

(totally true, P - you just have not lived enough yet, pal. Not you Parts. I am sure you have seen similar. It's that P always says I am bullshitting, but no. I'm NOT and I have not, except on those times I said that I was kidding or I was mistaken about something. I often try to correct mistakes.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:11:49 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:23:09 AM »

... or, if you are a little clumsy and hit your boot just right, it will shoot a sixteen penny nail completely through your work boots and your instep and the sole of your boots and your foot will be nailed to the rafter while you lose your balance and fall and hang upside down by one foot and scream a lot and try for the next ten minutes to convince your co-workers that you aren't just fucking around again and that you actually need some help to get this nail pulled out of your foot.

Just ask my brother.

(totally true, P - you just have not lived enough yet, pal. Not you Parts. I am sure you have seen similar. It's that P always says I am bullshitting, but no. I'm NOT and I have not, except on those times I said that I was kidding or I was mistaken about something. I often try to correct mistakes.)
That would fucking hurt and be scary as hell. :lol:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

Just ask my brother.

That would fucking hurt and be scary as hell. :lol:

Nah, all that was fun compared to having six panicking friends using a prybar to get the nail out of the rafter so he could fall about twenty feet and then me trying to explain it all, second hand, to the nurses that thought he was hawt.  I was driving up, just as he fell and I FREAKED OUT, immediatley but had no clue what had happened and drove him to the ER. He bled everywhere and he entered shock as we got within a hundred feet of my car (it was wet and I did not yet know what had happened when I parked my fancy Mustang on dry ground and ran to see why he fell) and he became a wet bag of muscle, heavier than I was. All his friends had stepped aside by then, because "Big Brother To The Rescue"  was enabled. I was out of my league. I did not like seeing my little brother hurt. Never did. I always faught back hard when I saw this, but this was a fight against his own stupidity.

They all told me about how long it took to get the nail out and how they finally believed that he was serious about wanting help and then argued that he was still playing a joke (you must understand, my brother is the funniest man alive and he had everyone by the ass on pranks).  The incident itself was no where near as rough as the ensuing rescue.
 :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:18:58 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
Did it bleed much? I had a nail puncture wound that did very little bleeding. On the other hand when I got stuck in the leg it soaked my pant leg within minutes even though it was only 1.25" wide and 2" deep. Still going through the top of the foot sounds like it might bleed more than through the bottom.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
Not from a nail gun but at work if you step on one many times I had to hobble out to the truck for a claw hammer. had an electrical staple go through my hand once in one hole out another tough as hell to get out, half way severed mt thumb once too These are the stories you tell during coffee time,  Fun times   fun times :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »
I once put a sewing-machine needle through the end of my finger, and it did not bleed at all that I recall.

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
I blew up 150 grams of flash powder in an old coffee cup in 1999. Unfortunately I had no real fuse at the time so I used a sparkler, and you can guess what happened. It bled a lot from my leg, which was hit by lots of "shrapnel" from the cup, and my eardrum was compressed for about 6 months. But I'm BRAVE!  8)

TheoK

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »
One of our neighbours actually committed suicide with a nail gun by putting it in his mouth and firing it.

A common method of committing suicide in Sweden before that too got hard to get hold of was to blow off your head with a stick of dynamite.                       

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 05:16:10 AM »
One of our neighbours actually committed suicide with a nail gun by putting it in his mouth and firing it.

A common method of committing suicide in Sweden before that too got hard to get hold of was to blow off your head with a stick of dynamite.                       

Fuck I'd hate to have to clean up after the dynamite one

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:00 AM »
Yup. If they did it indoors, they'd have to scrape the walls and pull out the teeth from the ceiling.  :-\