Educational

Author Topic: Narcotics withdrawal  (Read 705 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Narcotics withdrawal
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 05:03:04 AM »
unsettled and anxious feelings of foreboding.

back hurts but not enough to take anything. survived the night of work without too much stress. depression setting in. i have an antidepressant that i can take - i will take religiously as i hate being depressed. stomach ache all night a little better when i ate some noodles but the idea of food seems a little awful. sternum hurts off and on. waiting for the click that tells me the parts are rubbing - that will be the most pain.

on the way to work i felt no pain and got high on being well for a bit.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »
feel better today - is it out of my system  already? lol, i am a regular drugstore - i have ativan as well as the antidepressant and the oxycodone. my illness makes people throw medication at me. if this works, i am going to try to get off the neurontin. that will be harder because i still have peripheral neuropathy.

and now that i am "sober" i get to face the disaster i've made of my life while muddled with the opiates.
one step at a time.
if i had fewer resources i think i would be tempted to go back to the opiates. its weird not having that pall of "everything's ok" over everything. i'm tempted anyway. my mind keeps telling me to take it for little pains.

huh. i have a sex drive. where'd that come from?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
i'm done withdrawing (i think), but since i have been working have chronic back pain again. trying to decide what to do.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
Try starting you day with stretches.   I don't get out of bed  when I wake up but just flex and stretch for about twenty minutes or else I ache all day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »
Are there any times you can get up and stretch your back and legs while you are working?

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
been a long time since i stretched anything but i will do some research and try it.

#Dancewithgarygopher