Author Topic: BO  (Read 499 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
BO
« on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., April 13 (UPI) -- The director of a suburban Chicago public library says her facility will not admit visitors whose personal body odor interferes with others' activities.

Schaumburg Township District Library Director Stephanie Sarnoff said the decision to add offensive body odors to the library's list of prohibitions was based on complaints from library guests regarding a homeless person, the Chicago Tribune said Monday.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/04/13/Public-library-bans-offensive-body-odor/UPI-85831239638231/

So do you think they would ban those people with tons of cologne or perfume on too that offends me more than bo
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: BO
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
I think cologne or perfume is pretty nasty too, especially when they insist on marinating in the shit.

We used to have this one lady that would come into the store though, she wasn't homeless, just had some serious issues.

Trust me, BO can get pretty damn bad, especially on a nice hot 90 degree summer day when they haven't washed for well over a year. :puke:

I've smelled better roadkill.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:55:09 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:48:33 AM »

George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 07:03:33 AM »
I would guess excessive cologne in B.O.s case. :green:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »
Perspiration and perfume can be about equally foul. Not making any effort at all, or trying too hard? Either way, yuck.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
It depends on just how bad the BO is. 

I don't like it when people reek of perfume either, but I smelled a man one time at a farmer's market who had a BO kill zone around him and it was horrible. 

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »
politically correct BO:

our office, due to a mandate from our funding agency has had to "hire" an advocate to help us with our service to the mentally ill. the advocate is someone with longstanding mental health issues (as if that didn't fit 90% of our employees). One of our advocates is a former frequent flier who comes to the office and leaves things like, oh, coffee grounds on the floor near her desk, open containers of things like hand lotion, half drunk cups of coffee with things growing in them, chewed gum in wrappers on her desk (which, mind you *used* to be shared space), etc. Add to that the fact that its likely she bathes about once every few months - or at least smells like it.

the management are making excuses for her *and* cleaning up after her when we complain.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 03:21:25 PM »

something smells funny in the state of the union...
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
  • Unermuedlich Aufwiegelung
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
I haven't washed since lasr Friday because I want to stink for govt. psych interview tomorrow. *shrugs*
"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds." Ronald David Laing

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
I haven't washed since lasr Friday because I want to stink for govt. psych interview tomorrow. *shrugs*

:clap: :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »

Seriously?  Why?  Does it help you get better benefits if you stink?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
politically correct BO:

our office, due to a mandate from our funding agency has had to "hire" an advocate to help us with our service to the mentally ill. the advocate is someone with longstanding mental health issues (as if that didn't fit 90% of our employees). One of our advocates is a former frequent flier who comes to the office and leaves things like, oh, coffee grounds on the floor near her desk, open containers of things like hand lotion, half drunk cups of coffee with things growing in them, chewed gum in wrappers on her desk (which, mind you *used* to be shared space), etc. Add to that the fact that its likely she bathes about once every few months - or at least smells like it.

the management are making excuses for her *and* cleaning up after her when we complain.

Since my husband was the 'manager' he was nominated to deal with a French customer who had offensive BO without offending him.  Apparently he was wearing only one set of clothes and never washing them.  What my husband did was pick up a pile of new company shirts in the customer's size from sales and gave one per day to the customer and insisted that he try it on right away.  That helped.

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
  • Unermuedlich Aufwiegelung
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

I can only get an diagnostic for neurological developmental problems in Berlin and I'm concerned that they will refuse to put me through the process and declare me 'fit' and 'normal'  unless I pull all the stops out. East Germany and it's attendant bureaucracy is still in a stasiesque drone mentality hangover for all intent and purpose *shrugs*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:24:52 PM by key Stats »
"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds." Ronald David Laing

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

I can only get an diagnostic for neurological developmental problems in Berlin and I'm concerned that they will refuse to put me through the process and declare me 'fit' and 'normal'  unless I pull all the stops out. East Germany and it's attendant bureaucracy is still in a stasi hangover for all intent and purpose *shrugs*

Good luck.

:crossed: