Educational

Author Topic: Traffic Police  (Read 595 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Traffic Police
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »
They have been extremely active around my town lately.  They seem to be giving out record numbers of tickets the last few weeks.  Think it has anything to do with all the budget shortfalls?  I'm sick of it they are everywhere and even try to provoke you by flying up behind you then tailgating to see how you react. It works on a lot of people but I can't be bothered.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Traffic Police
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »
Isn't that a signal that one is supposed to pull over?

(I wouldn't know, I've never actually been pulled over.)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
They have been extremely active around my town lately.  They seem to be giving out record numbers of tickets the last few weeks.  Think it has anything to do with all the budget shortfalls?  I'm sick of it they are everywhere and even try to provoke you by flying up behind you then tailgating to see how you react. It works on a lot of people but I can't be bothered.

It's easier to get money from Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones than the mafia bosses. Shitty pigs. Same everywhere.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »
You should read some of the stories in the UK. They even gave a ticket to an Ambulance which had stopped to resuscitate a dying patient.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »
You should read some of the stories in the UK. They even gave a ticket to an Ambulance which had stopped to resuscitate a dying patient.

Speaking of which, they've recently issued a parking ticket to a mother who had to urgently pull over to resuscitate her son:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/5028721/Mother-given-parking-ticket-for-reviving-her-severely-disabled-son.html
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 05:02:43 AM »

They do it with no light or siren then linger behind you following you for  awhile.  If they want you to pull over you know it they do it to gauge your reaction

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:44:59 AM »

They do it with no light or siren then linger behind you following you for  awhile.  If they want you to pull over you know it they do it to gauge your reaction

In Sweden there is a solution. If anyone is too close behind your car, you simply step on the breaks, because accordnig to Swedish law the one who hits someone from behind with a car is by default guilty.  :eyebrows:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:45:58 AM »

In Sweden there is a solution. If anyone is too close behind your car, you simply step on the breaks, because accordnig to Swedish law the one who hits someone from behind with a car is by default guilty.  :eyebrows:

Same law applies in Australia too.  :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 05:52:41 AM »

Same law applies in Australia too.  :zoinks:

Here too and I've  done it to them :laugh:  The other thing I do is run the windshield wiper on so they squirt the fluid till I can see them getting it all over their car

George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
I heard around here that because of the decifit, they were talking about having the cops have to write a certain number of tickets PER DAY instead of per month, which is how it's been done for ages, and which is why I pay a lot more attention to my speedometer during the last and first week of every month (when cops are scramlbing to meet their quotas).  It might just be because it's the last week of the month, though (I don't know if the policy was actually enacted).

That policy suggestion made my head hurt, by the way, because another policy we have here is that every ticket gives you a point or "points" on your license (depending on the severity of the offense), and if you get enough, your license is revoked.  I somehow don't think it would be good for the economy in the long run to prevent a bunch of potential workers from being able to drive to their jobs.   ::)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
I somehow don't think it would be good for the economy in the long run to prevent a bunch of potential workers from being able to drive to their jobs.   ::)

But when were the authorities ever logical in their "reasoning"?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »
Saw three more ticket pusher on my way to the doctor this morning

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:55:27 AM »
A bunch of them hang out on the interstate here in a place where the speed limit decreases.  Some mornings, I see maybe five to seven of them handing out tickets along this short stretch of the interstate and one with a speed gun up on the bridge over the interstate telling them who's speeding so they know who to pull over.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
I bet they're doing this to get people to follow the rules of driving. Who wants to pay a fine? It wouldn't matter to a rich person because it be little money to them while to us it's big and then they won't have any fun stuff to do then or would have to borrow money from people to pay their bills or get money for their gas and food.

Fines are cheap in Montana because it's low income there but here in Oregon, the fines are high. Watch out people. $500 dollar fine for parking in a handicapped spot but its $100 in Montana. I even got a $75 dollar speeding ticket on Presidents Day in 2006 when I lived there but here it would have been higher than that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
A town not too far from me is known for it's changing traffic-situations. Either working on the road and detours, or, and that happens a lot more, changings in speedlimits.
No matter how familiar you are with the place, some streets you will have to keep checking the roadsigns for speed. Because it can change overnight.
So many people I know got speeding tickets there again and again. It's just this town that seems to do it.

Of course everyone speculates that this is the way this town funds itself.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!