Educational

Author Topic: Australian Censorshit  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
Australian Censorshit
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
Read all about it here(for those who dont already know :hanged:): http://www.allnewsweb.com/page11125.php

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Australia?!!! I never realized what a bunch of Bogans a lot of them are AND to top it all off you cant even use weapons down there to defend your own home!!!   :minusevil:  Their censoship laws are Worse then the US and its pretty clear aussies lack the same civil liberties that Yanks enjoy. For all the complaining I do about my country, I realize it could be Much Worse. I wonder if NZ is as bad in this regard.......  :grrr:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:57:04 PM by Depressed Mode »
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Australian Censorshit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »
AND to top it all off you cant even use weapons down there to defend your own home!!!   :minusevil:

They say I can't, but I beg to differ, fuck the law.

I do remember seeing an example of such bullshit censorship first hand way back when I bought Duke Nukem 3D. Appartently the Australian version had all the gibs, strippers, etc disabled (even though it was rated 18+ already, so WTF?). Lucky for me, 3DRealms software distributed a crack on the CD to revert those changes. Yeah it sucks, but the worst is yet to come, they now want to now do a China and impose a web filter for "illegal content", yeah well I say O RLY? because I bet they'll secretly start to declare political dissidence or criticism as 'illegal' under totalitarian "anti-terrorism" laws too, thus revealing it's true purpose.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:36:04 PM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »
What's funny is when I was in Australia a couple years ago, their free channels didn't censor curse words and showed full nudity unlike the basic channels in the USA.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »
What's funny is when I was in Australia a couple years ago, their free channels didn't censor curse words and showed full nudity unlike the basic channels in the USA.

Hrmmmmmmmm :eyebrows:

The thing is you dont actually Live there. Nexus: Hats off to you for shoving the law aside and defending your home with force!(But I SURE HOPE its deadly force :green:)
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
What does living there have to do with anything? I just think it's funny where countries draw the line when it comes to censorship.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
Read all about it here(for those who dont already know :hanged:): http://www.allnewsweb.com/page11125.php

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Australia?!!! I never realized what a bunch of Bogans a lot of them are AND to top it all off you cant even use weapons down there to defend your own home!!!   :minusevil:  Their censoship laws are Worse then the US and its pretty clear aussies lack the same civil liberties that Yanks enjoy. For all the complaining I do about my country, I realize it could be Much Worse. I wonder if NZ is as bad in this regard.......  :grrr:

The nationwide netfilter is certainly a lot a fucked up bullshit. It hasn't come in to effect yet and they are about to start another round of trials. My ISP is one of 6 that is going to do the next trials. The trial is opt-in because the government don't want the trial forced on to people. That's bullshit because when and if it goes live, it will be forced on to everyone (the blacklist that is). So not a very good trial. I really hope enough senators realise that this is bullshit and gives the government licence to block whatever they see fit, and you can bet it will end up containing shit that is critical of the government in one form or another.

NZ? Well they are in the process of implementing a 3 strikes and your out internet policy for piracy that requires no proof and you have no process for appeal. So yeah, not so good eh.

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 03:27:17 AM »

It probably is. It's as cowardly as their old "motherland" England these days.

This is also the kind of shit we have to live with in Europe.

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 03:29:13 AM »

They don't do in Sweden either. But on the other hand you can get 1 or 2 months in prison for saying something negative on, for example, Muslims, even if it's 100% true.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 05:19:25 AM »

They don't do in Sweden either. But on the other hand you can get 1 or 2 months in prison for saying something negative on, for example, Muslims, even if it's 100% true.

But will they show naked muslims on tv :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »

It probably is. It's as cowardly as their old "motherland" England these days.

This is also the kind of shit we have to live with in Europe.

We need to piss of our ties with England and the monarchy and go our own way and have a proper constitution like the US or something. We are too easily fucked over by our government. I think they should have to work for it if they want to give it to us in the rear.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »
A naked woman in this movie I was watching was old an unattractive too.

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
A naked woman in this movie I was watching was old an unattractive too.

::)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »
Yeah, I wish our founding fathers put the right to bare tits in the Constitution.  I mean, we all know what a dirty bunch of old geezers they were.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »
I want full nudity in Supernatural. I'm sure the writers could come up with a reason for Sam and Dean to be naked from now on.

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 05:13:07 AM »
Yeah, I wish our founding fathers put the right to bare tits in the Constitution.  I mean, we all know what a dirty bunch of old geezers they were.

You have the 1st Amendment. Unfortunately the moralists violate it just like the "liberals" violate the 2nd.