Educational

Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 1169 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:10 AM »
Peanut butter on a hot english breakfast muffin. Mmmm, melty goodness.

Plus I'm VERY partial to these when I can get them:
Are they hard to get where you live (I forget where that is)?
* PMS Elle tries to imagine living in a place where reeses peanut butter cups were difficult to find, and winces.

*Hykeaswell now really gets curious. What are reesses peanut butter cups? *

Heaven in a wrapper   :devour:
Oh, I thought that was the definition of really good safe sex.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 05:22:50 AM »
See, things in Australia are different. Most kids bring their own lunch to school and there aren't big cafeterias like in the US. We usually have a small canteen or lunch orders.
:indeed:
And kids usually eat outside (at least in WA). When I was at school I hardly ever ordered my lunch, it was a special event when I did. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 06:06:31 AM »
See, things in Australia are different. Most kids bring their own lunch to school and there aren't big cafeterias like in the US. We usually have a small canteen or lunch orders.
And kids usually eat outside (at least in WA). When I was at school I hardly ever ordered my lunch, it was a special event when I did. :)

Iced Coffee Big M in your lunch order FTW!!!  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:09:00 AM by Lord Phlexor »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:01 AM »
Here lots of kids have lunch at home. And the ones that do eat at school bring their own lunch. Most primary schools have not even got a canteen.

Schools are a lot smaller here I guess. And often within short biking or walking distance for most kids.

Culture shock:

We don't have peanutbuttercookies here.

We do eat a lot of peanut sauce, spicey indonesian sause. Based on peanutbutter mainly.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »
I like  :devour: with peanut butter sauce. Linda and I used to have that on the Asian restaurant in Norrköping.  :-\

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 06:46:14 AM »
Here lots of kids have lunch at home. And the ones that do eat at school bring their own lunch. Most primary schools have not even got a canteen.

Schools are a lot smaller here I guess. And often within short biking or walking distance for most kids.

Culture shock:

We do eat a lot of peanut sauce, spicey indonesian sause. Based on peanutbutter mainly.

Where is 'here'?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 06:48:58 AM »

Culture shock:

Where is 'here'?

The Netherlands.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 06:51:35 AM »

Culture shock:

Where is 'here'?

The Netherlands.

My family is from there, my Oma and Opa moved out here (Australia) in the 50's.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 07:05:54 AM »

Culture shock:

Where is 'here'?

The Netherlands.

I've got some relatives in Victoria and Tasmania.
And I have to say, of all other continents, Australia is the most appealing.

TheoK

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 07:06:16 AM »
The Netherlands - the 17th Bundesland of Germany.  :P

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »

Culture shock:

Where is 'here'?

The Netherlands.

I've got some relatives in Victoria and Tasmania.
And I have to say, of all other continents, Australia is the most appealing.

Yep, my family is in Victoria and my 1st step dad's family first moved to Tasmania (and they are Dutch too). Seems quite a few came over in the 50's.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 03:23:52 AM »
Iced Coffee Big M in your lunch order FTW!!!  :evillaugh:
I used to love getting a frozen Choc Milk. It would take me all of lunch time to eat it. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »
So it's just a case of being over reported in the media perhaps?

Add to this the fact that the "politically correct"  nanny world we live in is run by the minority dejour with the squeakiest wheel. We can't possibly endanger any one or offend anyone, except the vast majority.

Hey, how about the option of telling the allergic kid NOT to eat peanuts?

The problem is that some kids are so severely allergic to peanuts that if they breathe peanut, even in that tiny an amount, they go into anaphylactic shock.

At my daughter's former public elementary school, they had peanut-free zones and IIRC, there were eight kids at her school who were severely allergic to peanuts. 

I had to pack a lunch for her anyway because they had some sort of corn in almost every main dish they served.  Even on Domino Pizza Fridays, Domino Pizzas have cornmeal in the pizza crust.  Their chicken nuggets had cornmeal in the breading.  They had a deli sandwich on the menu some days and the roll they typically used was multigrain with corn in it, although I could go in ahead of time and request they use a different roll for her sandwich.  If she wanted to eat in the cafeteria, which she usually wanted to do on macaroni and cheese days, I had to go check out the ingredients in every item first.  I think I put $20 in her lunch account at the beginning of the year and there was still money left at the end of the year.

So, how is that an argument against my position?
You have just made half of my argument for me.

Why the PHuck don't they "corral"  That fucking kid, instead of making life less fulfilling for all the rest of the kids?????>?

FFS, this is supposed to be a place where "like-minded people" can learn to survive. Why in creation do we succumbed to the LCD (math reference) in our push towards the future?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »
Well that's it, these kids are going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives. Get them used to it. Don't give them a false sense of security by making the school yard safe for them.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »
Well that's it, these kids are going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives. Get them used to it. Don't give them a false sense of security by making the school yard safe for them.

Exactly my point.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.