Author Topic: Raid  (Read 5277 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Raid
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
How can one not understand that it's actually better that a few people are totally meaninglessly killed by guns every now and then than that the whole population has to rely on the mercy of the authorities? Only an idiot or someone with slave mentality.

Swedes (and the Swedishized Finn) are stupid, naïve safoholics, but Americans should know better, since this right, the most precious of all, is a part of your constitution for this very reason.

I just wonder,
How would have having a gun have possibly saved John Lennon's life?
How would more weapons have possibly prevented the bloodflowing in Germany yesterday?

What if many people would have had handguns yesterday?
What if all, untrained, panicking and very angry had tried using those guns.
Many more people would have been killed.

The father of the boy that committed this crime deserves a thorough investigation.
Even if he had permission to have that many arms, how could he keep them in a place where his kid had access?

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
Here in Australia it is illegal to carry a knife in public without a good reason (like you just bought some knives, you are a chef etc). Certain types of knives are just outright banned like butterfy knives etc.

Same here. It's just a tiny problem, just like with the gun law: the criminals don't give a shit about the knife law either, so the law just makes law-abiding people defenseless, just like the gun law.

Well that's the thing, anyone who wants to carry around dangerous knives because they feel they have a human right to are the kind of people I don't want wandering around where I live. Any sensible law abiding citizen with half a brain doesn't need to or would want to carry knives which are designed for fighting or killing. Any deranged lunatic can say they are just carrying them for protection when in reality they are just looking for someone to mug or kill. If you were really good at martial arts you wouldn't need a gun or a knife to protect yourself.

Plus it gives the cops another reason to charge or lock someone up when frankly there are too many assholes on the streets that need that these days.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
Here in Australia it is illegal to carry a knife in public without a good reason (like you just bought some knives, you are a chef etc). Certain types of knives are just outright banned like butterfy knives etc.

Same here. It's just a tiny problem, just like with the gun law: the criminals don't give a shit about the knife law either, so the law just makes law-abiding people defenseless, just like the gun law.

Well that's the thing, anyone who wants to carry around dangerous knives because they feel they have a human right to are the kind of people I don't want wandering around where I live. Any sensible law abiding citizen with half a brain doesn't need to or would want to carry knives which are designed for fighting or killing. Any deranged lunatic can say they are just carrying them for protection when in reality they are just looking for someone to mug or kill. If you were really good at martial arts you wouldn't need a gun or a knife to protect yourself.

Plus it gives the cops another reason to charge or lock someone up when frankly there are too many assholes on the streets that need that these days.

So phlexor, what is some 2m, 150+ kg  Maori bodybuilder decided that you made him pissed off enough that he wanted to knock you to the ground and slam your face repeatedly against the pavement till you were unconscious? Or maybe put you in a headlock and break your neck? WTF would you do to defend yourself if you're unarmed??? MOST people out there are not well trained enough with martial arts to defend themselves.(And)FURTHERMORE, martial arts are NOT magic! No matter what you may have been led to believe, if your opponent(or better yet if you're OUTNUMBERED)is sufficiently bigger, heavier and stronger than you martial arts become ineffective. If you Australians are comfortable with letting big, strong, muscular thugz slap people around as they see fit then you go right fucking ahead....Its YOUR Funeral! :hahaha:
But even Americans, as dumb as they can be sometimes, arent dumb enough to put up with this shit! Part of the reason I stand where I do on this issue has to do with my OWN EXPERIENCE of having my (parked)car rushed by a mob of at least 20 drunk streetpunks who were planning to DRAG me out of my car cuz the drivers side window was down but as they opened the door I pulled out a 10" knife and they decided it wasnt worth it so they back off  and decided to just stand their till the cops came(who let ME go home and arrested those punks for disorderly conduct! :pwned:). So yeah, I carry a knife and if you fuck with me I'll cut your fucking throat out!  ;) :green: :laugh: I dont use it to threaten or attack innocent people but I sure as fucking hell WOULD use it in my defense. Im thinking though of getting a TASER soon.... :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:52:52 PM by Depressed Mode »
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
I have carried a knife before in my purse for my own defense and I have carried a handgun before for the same reason.

I'm not a deranged lunatic and I certainly was not going around looking for trouble, but I did feel the need to have the means to defend myself when I drove alone across the country even though I have studied karate.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »
I have carried a knife before in my purse for my own defense and I have carried a handgun before for the same reason.

I'm not a deranged lunatic and I certainly was not going around looking for trouble, but I did feel the need to have the means to defend myself when I drove alone across the country even though I have studied karate.

Thats a smart thing to do. Especially if you're a woman. I can pretty much GUARANTEE that 100% of rapists prefer unarmed victims.  :indeed:
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2009, 12:36:37 AM »

So phlexor, what is some 2m, 150+ kg  Maori bodybuilder decided that you made him pissed off enough that he wanted to knock you to the ground and slam your face repeatedly against the pavement till you were unconscious? Or maybe put you in a headlock and break your neck? WTF would you do to defend yourself if you're unarmed??? MOST people out there are not well trained enough with martial arts to defend themselves.(And)FURTHERMORE, martial arts are NOT magic! No matter what you may have been led to believe, if your opponent(or better yet if you're OUTNUMBERED)is sufficiently bigger, heavier and stronger than you martial arts become ineffective. If you Australians are comfortable with letting big, strong, muscular thugz slap people around as they see fit then you go right fucking ahead....Its YOUR Funeral! :hahaha:
But even Americans, as dumb as they can be sometimes, arent dumb enough to put up with this shit! Part of the reason I stand where I do on this issue has to do with my OWN EXPERIENCE of having my (parked)car rushed by a mob of at least 20 drunk streetpunks who were planning to DRAG me out of my car cuz the drivers side window was down but as they opened the door I pulled out a 10" knife and they decided it wasnt worth it so they back off  and decided to just stand their till the cops came(who let ME go home and arrested those punks for disorderly conduct! :pwned:). So yeah, I carry a knife and if you fuck with me I'll cut your fucking throat out!  ;) :green: :laugh: I dont use it to threaten or attack innocent people but I sure as fucking hell WOULD use it in my defense. Im thinking though of getting a TASER soon.... :evillaugh:

Trusting on a weapon untrained is even more naive. Not hard for a toughened criminal to take it from you. And then you'll be assaulted with your own weapon.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
:yawn:

What makes you think that anyone cares here? We're not THAT kind of support forum.

Sorry, did I interrupt something? Do go on.

Because you call me a lunatic etc but you refer to an "authority", which itself is the greatest criminal organisation there ever was, namely "society".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:25:39 AM by TheoK »

TheoK

« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2009, 01:24:53 AM »
How can one not understand that it's actually better that a few people are totally meaninglessly killed by guns every now and then than that the whole population has to rely on the mercy of the authorities? Only an idiot or someone with slave mentality.

Swedes (and the Swedishized Finn) are stupid, naïve safoholics, but Americans should know better, since this right, the most precious of all, is a part of your constitution for this very reason.

I just wonder,
How would have having a gun have possibly saved John Lennon's life?
How would more weapons have possibly prevented the bloodflowing in Germany yesterday?

What if many people would have had handguns yesterday?
What if all, untrained, panicking and very angry had tried using those guns.
Many more people would have been killed.

The victims could have fired back and with some luck hit the shooter?

The father of the boy that committed this crime deserves a thorough investigation.
Even if he had permission to have that many arms, how could he keep them in a place where his kid had access?

Wrong thinking. You too don't understand that the "state" is a worse oppressor and murderer than all school shooters and gangsters there ever were.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:26:26 AM by TheoK »

TheoK

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »

You can't discuss this in a serious way with most Europeans and obviously not with many Australians either. They have been brainwashed with antigun propaganda and belief in Big Brother for decades.

TheoK

« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »
A Swedish article in one of the biggest Swedish papers, and of course they mention that the kids father "despite the normally very harsh German gunlaws had licenses for 16 firearms" and "that he didn't keep them locked up in a correct manner":

16 dödade i skolmassaker i Tyskland

But no-one questions why the police walks around with machine guns after the shooting is over.  ::)

TheoK

« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2009, 02:07:41 AM »
And in Sweden that newspaper is supposed to be a conservative paper, btw.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »

Trusting on a weapon untrained is even more naive. Not hard for a toughened criminal to take it from you. And then you'll be assaulted with your own
weapon.

Training on how to use a pistol is a piece of cake and is READILY available here in the US. Besides, a 9mm bullet to the head of a toughened criminal will forfit them of the chance to assault me with my own weapon.  :pwned: Gun-haters have been saying this shit for Years to scare gullible libtards out of arming themselves..... :violin:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »
:yawn:

What makes you think that anyone cares here? We're not THAT kind of support forum.

Sorry, did I interrupt something? Do go on.

Because you call me a lunatic etc but you refer to an "authority", which itself is the greatest criminal organisation there ever was, namely "society".

You *are* a lunatic. A certified one, too, afaik.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2009, 02:37:39 AM »

You can't discuss this in a serious way with most Europeans and obviously not with many Australians either. They have been brainwashed with antigun propaganda and belief in Big Brother for decades.

And you're discussing it "seriously"? Anyone who doesn't agree with your delusions is "brainwashed" or a "communist".

See, Lit, you and your friend Depressed Mode here show again and again why weapons need to be controlled. I wouldn't have a problem with Dawg or Callaway carrying a gun, but you lack their common sense. You'd be a danger to yourself and your surroundings.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »
Meh I'm not worried about these gun laws here, I'm creative and resourceful enough to build my own primitive weapons whenever it's necessary to do so.

Anyway I believe guns shouldn't be banned, but instead a professional behavioral and firearms training program, psychological assessment and training to recognize legitimate hostile targets and use appropriate responses, and alternative defensive training (such as kick boxing, karate, etc) should be prerequisites for gun ownership. It's not the gun that's the real problem, it's the psychology of the person who's wields or owns it. If they're trained sufficiently to understand their weapon, how to disarm and secure it during non-use, have the right attitude using it, know alternative means to subdue a unarmed or knife armed opponent with non-lethal force, and ways to immobilize a target without lethal consequences with their firearm; then incidents of at least accidental or excessive force use fatalities by firearms should be reduced. Consider it like a basic form of police training. Sounds like a lot to obtain a weapon, but if you want to defend yourself, it would be worth learning all those things as well as owing a gun I'd think. Also the industry should strongly market and encourage the purchasing and usage of rubber bullets for home defense, as rubber bullets are very effective for subduing a person in debilitating pain, with a reduced chance of it turning into a fatality.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:13:10 AM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.