Author Topic: Pranks calls  (Read 347 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Pranks calls
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:02:07 AM »
I was given a prank called from a kid. The phone rings and I answer it and a little kid asks "Is your refrigerator running?" I hang up. I sit back down and then the phone rings and I knew it was the kid calling back and I knew what I was going to say so I answer it again and say in a sweeter voice. "Hello?"
"Is your refrigerator running?"
I say sweetly "Prank calls care illegal. Good night." I hang up again and unplug the phone to show him he messed with the wrong person.

Now I am thinking what better things could I have said.
"Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it."
"Is your toilet running? You better go catch it."

I tell my boyfriend about it and he told me a good comeback I could say to the kid. "I have your number and going to give it to the police."

The prank call didn't bother me. Just a immature kid. Why be mad if I can unplug the phone?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Pranks calls
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:36:46 AM »
Here are a couple more possible prank questions:

Question:  Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

Answer:  Yes.

Response:  Then you better let him out before he suffocates.

Question:  Do you have Martha White in a bag?

Answer:  Yes.

Response:  Let her out of there!

:lol:

Even Queen Elizabeth fell for a prank caller without knowing it was a hoax:

In 1995, Canadian DJ Pierre Brassard got through to Buckingham Palace pretending to be Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

He chatted to the Queen for 15 minutes on air - eliciting a promise that she would try to influence Quebec's referendum on proposals to break away from Canada - and she never realised it was a hoax.

Buckingham Palace later described the incident as "irritating and regrettable".

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:07 AM »
Calls like that are one reason out of many that I detest "Morning guy" radio DJ teams. Whether the douche bags call themselves Lamont and Tennille or Opie and Anthony or something else, by the the time they get national syndication they are in the 40s acting like 3rd graders.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
Just tell them that you were about to call them and that you are the hospital and that their parent(s) have been in a horrible car accident and that they are now dead.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »
When I was in jr high I had a friend who lived near a radio station on a back road in an out of the way area he used to call people at random out of the phone book and tell they they won something but they had to pick it up in the next half hour.   Then we'd watch them come banging on the door
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »
When they ask about the refrigerator say that its working fine.

I can't come with anything else yet, but I am on to something funny, I can feel it :wanker:  not just that ;D
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »

I can't come with anything else yet, but I am on to something funny, I can feel it :wanker:  not just that ;D

"Then you better go catch it."

Here is a good response to the question. "It just ran out the door."

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »

"Then you better go catch it."

Here is a good response to the question. "It just ran out the door."

Do you get how it doesn't sound funny anymore, besides the fact that its old.   New stimulation keeps the mind in shape, that is why we don't like old jokes. 
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 03:26:55 PM »
Good pranks use soundboards. For a sample of what i'm talking about, just google "soundboard".

Also prank calls are actually not illegal. If you stop after the first call, they can't get you for anything. If you call again though and they have your phone number, they can call the cops for harrassment.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 03:54:57 PM »
I was told they were illegal because I did them for a short bit as a kid. My parents told me I can get in trouble with the police if they traced the call to me but only if those people report it to them. I stopped because I didn't want to go to jail or I should say juvi hall. Get in trouble with the police, you have done something illegal. If you were innocent, then you be clueless what you've done wrong. I got in trouble with the police once when I was 17 because some dickhead thought I took something from his store without paying for it. I didn't understand why I was being arrested even though I was told "for stealing a videotape" and I didn't know what they were talking about. I had a mild meltdown in the back of the police car but I was still able to speak.

My dad said to me "Now you know what it's like getting arrested." Then he asked me if they handcuffed me and I said "yes" and he said that was funny they handcuffed his daughter. That sure got me attention in school on Monday. When things happen in a small town, someone is most likely to see it and they spread the word and everyone knows about it. It was so tragic, I hid in my home the whole weekend with Benny & Joon. I didn't literally hide, I stayed home and didn't want to go anywhere with my family, I didn't even want to see the homecoming parade or any other homecoming stuff. I didn't even want to go to school but my mother told me just tell everyone at school what really happened, I'm honest so they'll believe me and she was right. That helped me get over it quicker in school. I thought I was going to have to switch schools and have to go to another town to attend school and I didn't want that change.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
Good pranks use soundboards. For a sample of what i'm talking about, just google "soundboard".

Oh gawd, the guys at my work discovered those things and now all I hear drifting between cubicles is Ahhnold going "let me talk to your mother" and "who are you?" and "who is your daddy?" They have entire conversations. It is sad and hilarious.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 11:35:43 AM »
Just tell them that you were about to call them and that you are the hospital and that their parent(s) have been in a horrible car accident and that they are now dead.
Lol, that's HORRIBLE.   :plus:

Oh gawd, the guys at my work discovered those things and now all I hear drifting between cubicles is Ahhnold going "let me talk to your mother" and "who are you?" and "who is your daddy?" They have entire conversations. It is sad and hilarious.
I discovered those a couple of years ago and the novelty wore off really quick.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »

Lol you hit it right on the nose. Thats one of my favorite soundboards. It sounds like i'd really get along with those dudes.
Quote from: Pyraxis on Yesterday at 05:15:20 PM
Quote from: RageBeoulve on Yesterday at 03:26:55 PM

I discovered those a couple of years ago and the novelty wore off really quick.

I discovered them a loooongass time ago and to this day, I still find it side splittingly hilarious.
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »
Lol you hit it right on the nose. Thats one of my favorite soundboards. It sounds like i'd really get along with those dudes.

I thought about getting in there with a Judge Judy board, but I'm not quick enough on the uptake IRL.

Today it was philosophy though. I love being in a place where the two guys "next door" randomly get into a heated, hour-long, fast-and-furious debate about whether philosophy is a subset of mathematics. A torrent of logic theory until I finally jump in and point out to them that the whole issue is an irrelevant red herring, because while all philosophy may use language, and language may be rooted in mathematics, it really doesn't matter whether philosophy is rooted in mathematics because pure logic isn't the tool most philosophers use to continue their exploration of the universe. And of course they ignore me entirely, because it wasn't about rationality vs. mysticism, it was about a bigger dick fight between two guys that happily acknowledge that their points are irrelevant and happily continue sparring.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »

I thought about getting in there with a Judge Judy board, but I'm not quick enough on the uptake IRL.

Today it was philosophy though. I love being in a place where the two guys "next door" randomly get into a heated, hour-long, fast-and-furious debate about whether philosophy is a subset of mathematics. A torrent of logic theory until I finally jump in and point out to them that the whole issue is an irrelevant red herring, because while all philosophy may use language, and language may be rooted in mathematics, it really doesn't matter whether philosophy is rooted in mathematics because pure logic isn't the tool most philosophers use to continue their exploration of the universe. And of course they ignore me entirely, because it wasn't about rationality vs. mysticism, it was about a bigger dick fight between two guys that happily acknowledge that their points are irrelevant and happily continue sparring.

:lol: :pwned: :plus:
I will never stop...