Educational

Author Topic: hello, from Santiago Chile  (Read 7628 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: hello, from Santiago Chile
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 03:56:57 AM »
i've not taken any guy's money, thanks very much. if you marry the wrong type of girls that's your fault. if there's some problem with your nutty NT wife, YOU married her, it's not like we're all like that. it's YOU have bad taste.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2009, 07:36:28 AM »
i've not taken any guy's money, thanks very much. if you marry the wrong type of girls that's your fault. if there's some problem with your nutty NT wife, YOU married her, it's not like we're all like that. it's YOU have bad taste.

Maybe not YET.  But like most women, you too will change over time and justify your later actions with the proponderance of "he's an asshole, I deserve to do this to him".

So how can any guy have good or bad taste, when what he is choosing will morph over time?
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »

Maybe not YET.  But like most women, you too will change over time and justify your later actions with the proponderance of "he's an asshole, I deserve to do this to him".

So how can any guy have good or bad taste, when what he is choosing will morph over time?
milla will never change - she'll always remain a sweetheart.  i hope you find someone like her someday.  :)

i think the kind of woman you're referring to - and there are a LOT of them - is the type who initially sizes up a guy as 'having potential,'  meaning they want to change him.  this side doesn't seem to be obvious to most men right away, so when it emerges after a commitment is established, it seems these women have 'changed.'  in reality, their agenda was there all along, just well-hidden (from the man and maybe even from her own self).

there are probably warning signs to watch out for in the initial stages...signs like making critical remarks about you, your preferences/tastes/appearance, your friends or family, etc.  basically if someone isn't going to accept you as you are, you have no need of them and you should run away quickly before you get involved.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
That is some great advice, some of the best I heard here.  And you are right, I shouldn't paint with such a broad brush.  It will take me a while to find someone sweet like that and really be able to let my mind relax enough to believe her though. 
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
yeah, i understand why you'd be wary.  nothing wrong with that.  good luck with your search.   :)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 07:44:55 PM »
aw triz :angel: you just prevented me from ripping him a new asshole

and i hate women like that. i just don't see what men see in them.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »
basically if someone isn't going to accept you as you are, you have no need of them and you should run away quickly before you get involved.

Why oh why does everybody consider this such a negative trait? Self-improvement is part and parcel of who I am. I expect as much from my partner, and I would be bored as hell with somebody who did not expect the same of me.

In all the whining of people who feel like they can't be accepted for being themselves, where is the ambition to become something more?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
Why oh why does everybody consider this such a negative trait? Self-improvement is part and parcel of who I am. I expect as much from my partner, and I would be bored as hell with somebody who did not expect the same of me.
i'm the same way.  but everyone's definition of self-improvement is different.  that's why everyone has to decide for themselves how (or if) they want to work on themselves, and their partner should respect their decisions. 

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »
Makes sense and agreed. I just get sick of it being paraded around like some hideously offensive faux pas.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
basically if someone isn't going to accept you as you are, you have no need of them and you should run away quickly before you get involved.

In all the whining of people who feel like they can't be accepted for being themselves, where is the ambition to become something more?

It's not a negative trait in itself, if you're open about it. It can be, if you claim you don't want to change your partner but act based on some change you want to effect.

The only person you actually can change is you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
It's not a negative trait in itself, if you're open about it. It can be, if you claim you don't want to change your partner but act based on some change you want to effect.

The only person you actually can change is you.

True. That's a balance I'm still learning, and I'm pretty sure I've caused hurt by coming on too strong. But sometimes, stagnancy runs so deep it needs something strong to force it out of its rut.

Of course, other times, anything strong just drives it deeper, and the only way out is to entice with kindness.

It's a fricking finicky art which I'm guessing you've spent some time perfecting. Or not. I don't really know you.  :zoinks:

But regardless, I think we're looking at the same thing.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2009, 06:37:17 PM »
Yes, I think we are looking at the same thing.

I don't know the art, though. Never did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »
But you may know the science, which is more than I do...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »
Could be. I think of it as common sense.

But thanks--I choose to read it as a compliment. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »
It is. And I hope things work out between you and Vivi. I have some degree of sympathy for her at the moment.