Author Topic: Death penalty for 8 year old  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Death penalty for 8 year old
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
Prosecutors from Texas, Oklahoma and Florida are offering their services to seek the death penalty against an 8-year old boy in Arizona accused of 2 counts of premeditated murder. According to their spokesman, "the death penalty is the ultimate deterrent and we want to stop this trend of children murdering adults." The spokesman, who spoke under condition of anonymity, also said that they are actively recruiting prosecutors from other states to join with them.

This may turn out to be a watershed issue for death penalty advocates. "There is no limit to the deterrent effect of the death penalty," noted another of the prosecutors, "this is an efficient and effective tool that should be used to stop crimes like this." The group resurrected their explanation that violent video games and rap music lyrics are probably to blame for the decision by the young boy to kill. Arizona officials are already seeking to try the child as an adult while they investigate the child´s actual motive.

The group of prosecutors also cited a growing trend of children killers: "We are very concerned that young boys in particular are among the fastest growing segment of murderers." Their statistics show that, although the rate of murder in this country is rising very slowly, the number of children under 10 who are accused of murder has grown considerably. "This boy is the third child under 10 to be accused of a double homicide this year, compared with only 1 last year," they said.

This 300% increase is not only alarming, they claim, but supports their argument that the failure to use the death penalty in these cases actually is encouraging youth to kill. They reason that the increase is due to the fact that the death penalty was not sought against the first child charged with murder. According to their spokesman, if the death penalty had been sought in the first case, then the others would clearly been deterred.

One of the prosecutors also noted the fact that this child was living in a home with two people of the same sex. "A marriage is between a man and a woman … look what happens when we allow the sanctity of a marriage to be disregarded." Arizona officials have not reported on whether there was a relationship between the two victims.

Death penalty opponents are obviously appalled by the thought of charging this boy as an adult, much less seeking the death penalty in this case. "This child needs to be hugged for as long as it takes to begin his healing process," said a noted death penalty opponent who also requested anonymity. Statements from other anonymous opponents included: "We need to use this case as an example of our desire to begin to change our society," and "punishment is not the best solution to every problem."

Death penalty opponents also questioned why this child had access to a rifle. "Statistics clearly establish the fact that guns in homes are much more likely to be used to harm family members than an intruder." These opponents want to use this case to demonstrate the risk to children and others when guns are kept in the home. "The question is whether we have finally hit bottom, both in terms of what is going on in our society and how we are going to respond to these tragedies."

When asked about the comment that the victims were of the same sex, the death penalty opponent was rendered speechless.

The child remains in jail in Arizona.

Yep, too many gay couples and too few child executions are definitely what's wrong with the US these days.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Death penalty for 8 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
Is the American Chronicle like The Onion or something?  O_o
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »
what the FUCK??

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »
I thought the limit for being prosecutable was 10 in the USA.  ::)

What a cowardly "spokesman" not to stand up for his views.  :thumbdn:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »
Is the American Chronicle like The Onion or something?  O_o

It seems to be a genuine story, at least as far as trying him as an adult goes, though apparently he's not eligible for the death penalty (third link):

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/19/boy.confession.tactics/?iref=mpstoryview

http://www.generalblogofcrime.com/2008/11/arizona-poised-to-try-8-year-old-as.html

http://askthejudge.info/trying-an-8-year-old-as-an-adult/216/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:31:44 PM by Peter »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 01:08:22 PM »
Yes blame some dumbass psycho kids actions on fucking video games. Man I wish I could commit murder on the people who think that way. Stupid motherfucking assholes.  :headexplode:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:50 PM »
Yes blame some dumbass psycho kids actions on fucking video games. Man I wish I could commit murder on the people who think that way. Stupid motherfucking assholes.  :headexplode:

I think some kids wanted to be Mario so bad that they stomped on others so that they become mushroom powerups. Why? Because they wanted to be big like their mommies and daddies.  :indeed:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:02:35 PM by Louis Farrakhan »
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:10 PM »
And why are people here so shocked? There are plenty of child soldiers in war torn countries. The US should've raised him to become an assassin instead of some hapless victim of society.

A waste or RAEG if you ask me. Don't surpress it: embrace it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:03:30 PM by Louis Farrakhan »

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
It's undoubtedly brave to kill. They should reward him instead.  :angel:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »
They better have more than that video an adult could get of of that so called confession let alone an 8 year old. They need real evidence Fuck I can get my 10 year old to say almost anything with enough badgering and these were professional badgerers 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
It's undoubtedly brave to kill. They should reward him instead.  :angel:

I bet those faggots undoubtedly raised the psycho brat on online FPS' before they unleashed him out into the real world to hunt down 'dem sandniggers.

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
Pity he didn't kill some cops or prosecutors. They deserve it the most, being tools for the system.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
Pity he didn't kill some cops or prosecutors. They deserve it the most, being tools for the system.

I think you should adopt him.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »
All the stuff they had seemed to be his confession which like I said will be thrown out.  kids that age killing ?  Someone taught him if he did it kids that age don't think like adults their brains aren't done growing
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Fuck it. L:et's just kill all the kids. Then who'll pay for our wheelchairs and Vicodin. It'll serve us right.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.