Author Topic: Alex Plank is getting sued...  (Read 9308 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Alex Plank is getting sued...
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
Someone on WP quoted a post from Zack's blog and posted it on WP and he didn't like it. So he is suing Alex for it. I mean I don't see news stations and newspaper companies suing forums just because someone quoted their article and posted the link.

meh. I'm probably going to get flamed, but that's pretty fucking stupid.

Why would I flame you for saying TheZack is stupid? It's true.  :laugh:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
Someone on WP quoted a post from Zack's blog and posted it on WP and he didn't like it. So he is suing Alex for it. I mean I don't see news stations and newspaper companies suing forums just because someone quoted their article and posted the link.

Nah not you, I meant the anti WP brigade.

I like WP, and I like intensity. You'll find I have an unbiased opinion on both.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »
So you don't like AP/Wp.

ZOMG LETS FLAME THE MEMBERS THERE NOW!
Did Alex offer to make you a moderator or something?

No. I'm taking flaming of the "majority of members there suck" because that is biased.
Well most of them would not get along here, lets face it. There are some good members there.

Actually I wouldn't say "most" whine.

There are a few whiners, I don't tend to read their posts anyway. The majority of the posts I read are fine. How do you define a whiner? Moaning about life? Well, it is a support site.
That contradicts everything I was told about the place and what I experienced, along with several of my friends. There were some whiners in the parent section, the adult section, the dating section, and so on eg. "poor me, my kid has autism and they stimmmmmm" or "poor me, I treat women like shite and then none of them will date me". It doesn't take too long to tell the people with genuine issues from the ones who like having a whinge and a whine.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »
Do people get good support there yet?

Yeah, I think many members rise to the occasion to help.

More in the parents section than others most of the other stuff is just back patting

Yeah well that probably doesn't help in the long run, sucking up isn't cool, but sometimes its what people need :o

And you have to admit people here can be brutally honest

True.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »
I think his point of view is useful to take note of for the next time he cries copyright infringement because of someone quoting something from WrongPlanet elsewhere.

Good point.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »
I can understand his point of view. I doubt the copyright infringement claim would hold.

I can see his point of view too, but it is interesting to watch the Zach vs Alex drama play itself out.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »

I like WP, and I like intensity. You'll find I have an unbiased opinion on both.
I subscribe the anti-Alex brigade. What does that make me?

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »
I get it now sounds like zach is a baby so what, its not like alex is profiting in someway or is he? Sounds like zach has selfesteem issue caring so much might not learned to deal with life no offense i think some call him stupid displacing some of their feelings about their own dx who ever you are your not stupid you havent learned to cope
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »
Sorry if it sounds mean my emotional center is on reduced environmental toxic load
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »

No more stupid than before, likely.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2009, 04:29:16 PM »

Few people have copied and pasted my posts before and I didn't see it as copyright infringement. I have been told it's wrong to do but people do it anyway so I don't see why it be wrong.

It is perfectly legal to quote from any internet source, as long as you provide a link to the source in your post.

A suit can still be brought to court, but the link will remove any argument claiming an infringement of copyright.

This shit I know about.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »
wtf is this shit.. someone give me the gist of it?
Well as you have a WP link its not difficult, unless planky had deleted the thread.

Unless you are asking about the DMCA?

I can't be bothered reading the whole thng. Hence why I asked for the gist.

I don't think it concerns you. Don't trouble your pretty little head.

:LMAO:

Yeah, I hear that, "can't be arsed"  statement too much.

It is nothing, really.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:38:47 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
I can understand his point of view. I doubt the copyright infringement claim would hold.

Then can you tell us then? I still don't understand what the big deal is having something copied from your blog and posted on WP.

Internet copyright is fuzzy at best. Alex's dad is a lawyer and probably good enough at what he does. I'm pretty sure Alex talked to him before taking a stand.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

I can see his point of view too, but it is interesting to watch the Zach vs Alex drama play itself out.

Mildly interesting, methinks. It would have been more fun to watch if that other guy had a leg to stand on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »

Biased.

- Albert Einstein