Author Topic: Should I cut my hair really short  (Read 1641 times)

TheoK

Re: Should I cut my hair really short
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:00:49 PM »
i've been growing my hair and i like it, i had short for a while and liked that too but it looked stupid as my hairs flat, i need to get a fucking perm again.

Milla Permilla.  :P

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
you're pretty enough to get away with short hair.  go for it.

hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 10:16:45 AM »
yes/no?

Hypothetically, if we were daiting,  I would say its up to you.  I , myself like both short and long hair, but I prefer the short one.   My hair grows very very fast, if I wanted to change it....  Longer hair can get caught.   I don't know, I am just trying to think of why I like short hair better.

Its getting hard to think of anything else :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, you'd let Fiona choose her own hairstyle if you were dating her?  I never knew you were so liberal.  Would you let her choose what to eat, too?
I'm pretty sure that he'd insist she integrate his cock into her regular diet.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
Short can look good on women, but I think it would take a lot of effort to keep it looking good, while long hair tends to take care of itself.

Really? I find it the other way around.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
Short can look good on women, but I think it would take a lot of effort to keep it looking good, while long hair tends to take care of itself.

How short/long are you talking here?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
The thing I usually ask is, if your hair is long enough to be pulled back, are you pulling it back more than half the time?  If the answer's yes that's a mark toward cutting it shorter.

I think no matter what, hair's high-maintenance- you have good and bad hair days no matter what lengthy it is.  (Unless you're bald, in which case, good or bad scalp days?)

This is good advice. 

Fiona, you seem to have a round face, so the cut is really important.  I have a round face too, and have only had my hair really short once.  At the time, I liked it, but I look at photo's now and think how much I looked like a boy!  Mind you, I was only 12 at the time!

If you still have fairly long hair, why don't you experiment with something mid way first?  Like something shoulderlength and layered around your face?  That's what I did in my mid twenties, and it's what I do now if I get the shits with having long hair.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

Maybe it's because my hair's quite curly and fine.  If it's long, I can tie it back and it's ok, if a little frizzy at times, but if it's shorter, it turns into some sort of deformed afro.  If I had it very short, it would probably be ok too, but I'd have to keep cutting it regularly.  I haven't so much as trimmed my hair for the past 10 years, or used a brush or comb or anything on it; I just run my fingers through it and apply some conditioner when I'm in the shower, and that sorts out any tangles and keeps the frizz down.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
yes
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 04:43:11 AM »

Maybe it's because my hair's quite curly and fine.  If it's long, I can tie it back and it's ok, if a little frizzy at times, but if it's shorter, it turns into some sort of deformed afro.  If I had it very short, it would probably be ok too, but I'd have to keep cutting it regularly.  I haven't so much as trimmed my hair for the past 10 years, or used a brush or comb or anything on it; I just run my fingers through it and apply some conditioner when I'm in the shower, and that sorts out any tangles and keeps the frizz down.

^Yeah my hair is like that.  However if it's really really short it no longer curls.

You only live once and hair can always grow back plus if you don't like it, you can always develop a thing for hats ;)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »

Guys with long hair tend to have less maintenance issues than girls with it from what I've seen- I think it's because they don't style/blowdry, just keep it clean and pull it back.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
That broccoli is really fucking happy.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:14 AM »

depends on the hair, and the head it grows on, dorks.

:P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:55:09 AM by SovaNu »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »
I would say no for your face structure, but we are not dating so my opinion really means nothing. Even if we were it would still be up to you. I think the idea of trying out mid-length is good. That way you can either work it down to a short cut as you become comfortable and like it, or you can easily let it get back to a longer length if you don't.

You could try one of those kid's computer games that allow you to put in a picture of your face and then try out different styles.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 02:15:28 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »
Dude I tried having long hair, back when I had bangs. It looked G-A-Y. I looked like a girl when I was a kid to begin with, then I had long hair, and I discovered when it got to about shoulder length, it curled outwards on the bottom no matter what I did.  :laugh:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
I had long blonde curly hair as a child.  8)