Author Topic: Doctors coming up with new conditions  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Doctors coming up with new conditions
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
Lot of people here are tired of the snow and now want it to end. I don't care if they are suffering with their trash getting piled up, their cars getting stuck, getting trapped at places because of transportation delays, and of course people crashing their cars because they don't know how to drive in the snow.
Oh yeah, the kids might not get their toys from Toys for Tots for Christmas because whoever comes and picks up the toys haven't done it yet because of the snow. They can wait after Christmas. Santa just got a little behind so not every one got presents for Christmas because he hadn't come by yet.

I wonder if doctors will come up with a condition for that about not caring about what others are going through.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »
:puke:

My nose is running, I must be a victim of LSS.

:D
My nose is running because it's cold and nasty outside. I spent a bit of time in exposure to it, helping a co-worker get his car going.

I doubt that I could possibly ever have LSS. I am always delighted to realize that I was NOWHERE near the swath of scythes welded by those "Job Wraiths."  I think I dance a little inside each time I am aware that MY head was not the target.

Besides, I was "downsized"  (bullshit - I made too much commission on my work and had a great benefit arrangement. The company took my full-time, commissioned position  "apart"  and turned it into three part-time positions with NO commission or benefits to be offered)  once before. Someone else's turn, now, I hope!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »
When will they come up with smoke addiction syndrome? What about drug addiction syndrome too?  :zoinks:
what about asperger syndrome?
its quite popular nowadays, there was some people misdiagnososed in the 90s so i hear
batcat

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
Maybe I was misdiagnosed?  :P

I guess instead of my psychiatrist telling my mother "Mary, you have a spoiled selfish brat who doesn't care about anyone but herself and wants everything her way" it was better to say "Rebekah Smith is right, Elizabeth does have Asperger's syndrome. It's the closest match I can come to for a diagnoses. Use it to get your daughter through school and to get her the education she needs."   :zoinks:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
yeah i am a selfish brat that wants everything her way and is lazy and misanthropic. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
"Mary, you have a spoiled selfish brat who doesn't care about anyone but herself and wants everything her way"

Basically that's what they told my parents for years. 

Maybe after you hit 30 they start looking for another cause and just pick what's popular. :laugh:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
Maybe I was misdiagnosed?  :P

I guess instead of my psychiatrist telling my mother "Mary, you have a spoiled selfish brat who doesn't care about anyone but herself and wants everything her way" it was better to say "Rebekah Smith is right, Elizabeth does have Asperger's syndrome. It's the closest match I can come to for a diagnoses. Use it to get your daughter through school and to get her the education she needs."   :zoinks:

Ouch, my hand cuffs are bothering me, too tight :laugh:
Might we add a blind fold, might make it more difficult to struggle.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
randy and spokie getting... spanky?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »

I'm all for it.

What a cute couple!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 11:58:19 PM »
Great, another made up condition, Cassandra Effective disorder (CAD)

http://www.maxineaston.co.uk/

Maybe they ought to make up a condtion for people like my bf who has an aspie gf and our relationship isn't normal.

I remember Soph making up her own condition a while back. I think she called it Soph disorder. I think she did it to be funny though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:21:50 AM by Snowkane Girl »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 02:13:59 AM »
Anyone know who John Best is? He is the worst guy on the internet in the autism community who may have AS but doesn't think he does.
I could get into arguments with him and throw insults but because you can't win it and he keeps the drama going, he just isn't worth your time. But hey, at least he keeps Autism Speaks on NING interesting. Drama.

What he does, doctors ought to come up with a condition for his behavior. I shall call it Autism Obsessive Disorder.

What is Autism Obsessive Disorder?

AOD is a disorder when the person believes autism is a disease and they are brain damaged by vaccine. They spend their time fighting and arguing with individuals on the spectrum and with individuals who have a child on the spectrum or a spouse, partner, or a student they work with about autism being caused by vaccine and rather or not someone they know is autistic. They may have a blog talking about it and go around accusing individuals of not having autism and they may not understand autism and Aspergers is on the autism spectrum. They may also accuse autistic and Asperger individuals of being a fake.
They may display trollish behavior.

The symptoms must be onset for the past six months for a diagnoses.

Is there treatment?

Unfortunately no. You cannot not get them to change their mind and get them to realize how wrong and bias they are. They think there is nothing wrong with them. Arguing with them is useless because they keep the drama going and it never stops.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
Great, another made up condition, Cassandra Effective disorder (CAD)

http://www.maxineaston.co.uk/
CAD reads like she's trying to make unfortunate but expectable reactions to souring relationships be pathological when they involve at least one partner with AS.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »
Personally, I suffer from Diogenes Syndrome: I expect people to act and think better than they do.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
Personally, I suffer from Diogenes Syndrome: I expect people to act and think better than they do.

Myself also, but I'm usually disappointed.

I can identify very well with the "compulsive hoarding and reclusive tendencies", especially the later, becoming more reclusive with age it seems.