Author Topic: Doctors coming up with new conditions  (Read 1445 times)

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
Re: Doctors coming up with new conditions
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
A lot of people just have mental retardation. Made up labels make them feel special. Diagnose them early, oldskool style
batcat

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »
Tardspgi :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 04:26:47 PM »
Some doctors have made up a name for adult babies. Adult Baby syndrome. I've seen it at a few places online.

What about a name for diaper lovers? Diaperphilia. I just made that up. A few doctors have actually made it a condtion  :laugh:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 06:25:39 AM »
New conditions=new drugs=more $$$ :green:
Basically.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »
Basically.
the drugs come before the conditions nowadays though
batcat

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
Basically.
the drugs come before the conditions nowadays though
"This seems to not kill people and makes some feel better.  Let's figure out the difference between pre-drug and post-drug, call it a deficiency, describe a syndrome this deficiency causes, and say that our drug cures it."

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »
Hornyism :laugh: :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »

Here's a good one:

Layoff Survivor Syndrome

Organizational psychologists call it “layoff survivor syndrome,” the collection of emotional, psychological and physical reactions long documented in workers who remain on the job. Being left behind, they say, can sometimes be as distressing as being let go.

“In fact, the survivors are also victims,” said Harold G. Kaufman, a professor of management and director of the organizational behavior program at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University.

Like people who escape harm when others are hurt in a natural disaster or terrible accident, employees who keep their jobs in downturn often feel guilty, said Mitchell Marks, an associate professor of management at the San Francisco State University College of business.

“It’s exactly as when you lose a good friend or a sibling,” he said. “You feel responsible in some way.”

That feeling is exacerbated by the typically random nature of layoffs, he said. If an employee is fired for cause, another worker can rationalize that he or she deserved it. But when a layoff of an equally qualified peer occurs, it sends the person left behind reeling.

“That’s psychologically troubling,” said Marks “You’re waiting for the other shoe to drop. You feel like you can’t control your fate.”

At the same time, the lingering uncertainty leaves many workers feeling anxious, depressed, angry — and physically ill, according to experts who have monitored previous downturns.

“You’ll get a lot of people that clearly identify that they’re having more physical symptoms: stomach aches, colds, more illness. Their immune system is down,” said Jodi Prohofsky, senior vice president for CIGNA Health Solutions, which provides employee assistance programs for more than 1,000 national firms.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »
 :puke:

My nose is running, I must be a victim of LSS.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 11:37:56 PM »
Lucky in Life Syndrome or LLS

when bad things only happen to other people, these lucky mutts wonder why not them? and when will karma catch up in a horrifying way? well fear not gladstone ganders, all you have to do is take this pill that causes liver failure! or simply take up smoking/drinking and/or gambling! no more waiting nervously for your turn. :zoinks:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »
When will they come up with smoke addiction syndrome? What about drug addiction syndrome too?  :zoinks:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 01:24:12 AM »
 :laugh: yeah
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 01:52:42 AM »
I have stimulant deficiency syndrome.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 07:20:09 AM »
i have valium deficiency syndrome and amphetamine decifiency syndrome, rolled into one it's called speedball deficiency syndrome or SDS
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
When will they come up with smoke addiction syndrome? What about drug addiction syndrome too?  :zoinks:
They do have that, hon, just phrased differently.  :P