Educational

Author Topic: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later  (Read 8860 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »
I only had a teaching assistant... :P

but they're bound to be better than teachers, cos teachers are crap, everyone says so.

:'(

Easy to solve: become an assistant.

too late - i became a spazz instead.  if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that.

:LMAO:

I'm a spazz. I don't deserve a *real* teacher, anyway.

true.  if your IQ is 170, and you can do maths, you can send people letterbombs instead, though.  will that compensate?

I can do maths but my IQ is slightly less than that. I'll try postcards instead, all right?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
If you knew anything worth knowing, you'd know that there are actually postcard bombs too. Mossad uses them

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
He has no great ideas worth sending bombs for anyway.

what a novel idea: "i have a fantastic idea, so i'll kill people, which will definitely get them interested, won't it."

for a start, he's missed the obvious flaw (blowing your audience into smithereens might be fun, but they probably won't be terribly receptive to your "message" afterwards).  it's a somewhat flawed attempt at reverse psychology, i feel.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2008, 04:27:48 PM »
He has no great ideas worth sending bombs for anyway.

This is a true gem. You're a contender for this year's Flo Award.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
If you knew anything worth knowing, you'd know that there are actually postcard bombs too. Mossad uses them

yes, i can believe that - i've got postcards from finland which made me want to spontaneously combust.

are mossad terribly active in finland, then?  if so, they really ought to get over their fetish about flowers.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse.
In that case then the responsibility of them would lie with the teaching assistant. Not myself.

so people with learning difficulties are the responsibility of the teaching assistants and not the teacher, are they?

christ on a pole...  ::)
No, the dimmer ones with learning difficulties would be tbe responsibility of the teaching assistants. Its the only way to run a mixed maths grouping really.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
bollocks.

how many have you run?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2008, 04:50:02 PM »

yes, i can believe that - i've got postcards from finland which made me want to spontaneously combust.

are mossad terribly active in finland, then?  if so, they really ought to get over their fetish about flowers.

:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »

Postcard bombs are made of hard pressed C-4. The reciever is usually an Islamic terrorist.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »
bollocks.

how many have you run?
More than you I suspect :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse.
In that case then the responsibility of them would lie with the teaching assistant. Not myself.

so people with learning difficulties are the responsibility of the teaching assistants and not the teacher, are they?

No, the dimmer ones with learning difficulties would be tbe responsibility of the teaching assistants. Its the only way to run a mixed maths grouping really.

Sorry, Hadron, but this needs to be said: God, you're stupid. I no longer think it's just an act, you've convinced me. You're dim and hence the responsibility of some underpaid assistant, now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2008, 04:52:44 PM »
bollocks.

how many have you run?
More than you I suspect :)

give me a number, then.  or will you be drunk between reading this and posting your reply?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »

Sorry, Hadron, but this needs to be said: God, you're stupid. I no longer think it's just an act, you've convinced me. You're dim and hence the responsibility of some underpaid assistant, now.
I can add two numbers together that are bigger than 10, I think I can pass on that one. :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »

I can add two numbers together that are bigger than 10, I think I can pass on that one. :)

You won't fool me again. You really are dim.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2008, 04:56:27 PM »

excellent - do just that and give me a number, then (see my post above, if you've already forgotten what i asked).