Author Topic: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
from The Matrix, dawg.  when neo says, "deja vu" cos he's seen the cat twice, there's a glitch in the matrix.

is it terribly sad that i know that?  :laugh:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:01 PM »
from The Matrix, dawg.  when neo says, "deja vu" cos he's seen the cat twice, there's a glitch in the matrix.

Anyone who has not seen The Matrix is culturally deprived imo...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

Ahh! Of course.
I was pre-focused on his "deja vu" comment, without fully reading it, thinking that he was going to say we were ganging up on him again.

:violin:

I have had all three Matrix episodes for a while.

I recently bought the four DVD collection, though. It has enhanced sound, additional Special Features and the Animatrix version.  :D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »
...Anyway, somehow the topic of that old hellhole came up during my recent visit.  Turns out that teacher I had back then, who I hate even to this day, was some loser that none of the public schools would hire.  So, the principal of this private school decided to be nice and hire him.  Apparently he was putting this loser's best interests over those of his students.  For those of you who don't remember my bad-teacher rant, this is the asshole who gave me a math phobia.  Initially I liked math.  I even had my own scientific calculator at age seven.  I was aware of negative numbers before I was supposed to "learn" about them, and that annoyed this teacher.  So, the first time I had a bad day with the math, that was Mr. Loser's opportunity to make sure it was a REALLY bad day, and make me hate math.  The asshole enjoyed humiliating students in front of each other...

I wonder what Mr. Loser, the teacher who should not be teaching anyone anything, is doing now.  Hopefully not teaching anymore.
Not sure. If anything goes badly wrong in my life then I can become Mr Loser - and get away with it. No one wants to teach my subject in schools.

What subject?

I think that there's nothing wrong with being a teacher, just with using the position to abuse children.

If you become a teacher, then you won't humiliate students in front of each other like garmonbozia's teacher did or physically abuse students like my daughter's special education teacher did, so you won't become a Mr. Loser.
Same subject as Mr. Loser - Maths. Though I might get to teach A-level or GCSE politics too.

Well I would not abuse children (unless someone has the sense to bring back the cane - then I might give the dimmer ones a whack so they actually learn their timestables), but I would focus on making sure the brighter kids in my class get through as opposed the dimmer ones.
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse. But I think bullies should certainly get the cane.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »
...Anyway, somehow the topic of that old hellhole came up during my recent visit.  Turns out that teacher I had back then, who I hate even to this day, was some loser that none of the public schools would hire.  So, the principal of this private school decided to be nice and hire him.  Apparently he was putting this loser's best interests over those of his students.  For those of you who don't remember my bad-teacher rant, this is the asshole who gave me a math phobia.  Initially I liked math.  I even had my own scientific calculator at age seven.  I was aware of negative numbers before I was supposed to "learn" about them, and that annoyed this teacher.  So, the first time I had a bad day with the math, that was Mr. Loser's opportunity to make sure it was a REALLY bad day, and make me hate math.  The asshole enjoyed humiliating students in front of each other...

I wonder what Mr. Loser, the teacher who should not be teaching anyone anything, is doing now.  Hopefully not teaching anymore.
Not sure. If anything goes badly wrong in my life then I can become Mr Loser - and get away with it. No one wants to teach my subject in schools.

What subject?

I think that there's nothing wrong with being a teacher, just with using the position to abuse children.

If you become a teacher, then you won't humiliate students in front of each other like garmonbozia's teacher did or physically abuse students like my daughter's special education teacher did, so you won't become a Mr. Loser.
Same subject as Mr. Loser - Maths. Though I might get to teach A-level or GCSE politics too.

Well I would not abuse children (unless someone has the sense to bring back the cane - then I might give the dimmer ones a whack so they actually learn their timestables), but I would focus on making sure the brighter kids in my class get through as opposed the dimmer ones.
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse. But I think bullies should certainly get the cane.
In that case then the responsibility of them would lie with the teaching assistant. Not myself.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2008, 01:06:23 AM »
True. But I think the cane should be a last resort and it should be given by the headmaster/headmistress and written up in a book. I don't believe kids should get the cane for being slow learners.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2008, 09:42:01 AM »
True. But I think the cane should be a last resort and it should be given by the headmaster/headmistress and written up in a book. I don't believe kids should get the cane for being slow learners.
Depends if the slow learning is their own fault or not - i.e. their own laziness.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse.
In that case then the responsibility of them would lie with the teaching assistant. Not myself.

so people with learning difficulties are the responsibility of the teaching assistants and not the teacher, are they?

christ on a pole...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:05:38 PM by Lucifer »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
But what if the dimmer ones have learning difficulties? They probably can't help it and caning them would only make them worse.

so people with learning difficulties are the responsibility of the teaching assistants and not the teacher, are they?

christ on a pole...  ::)
[/quote]

Welcome to Hadron's brave new world.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »
crap teachers in swede/finland, then - they don't teach you how to correct quotes properly.

:laugh:

;)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »
I only had a teaching assistant... :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

but they're bound to be better than teachers, cos teachers are crap, everyone says so.

:'(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »

but they're bound to be better than teachers, cos teachers are crap, everyone says so.

Easy to solve: become an assistant.

I'm a spazz. I don't deserve a *real* teacher, anyway.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »

Easy to solve: become an assistant.

too late - i became a spazz instead.  if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that.

I'm a spazz. I don't deserve a *real* teacher, anyway.

true.  if your IQ is 170, and you can do maths, you can send people letterbombs instead, though.  will that compensate?

TheoK

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »
He has no great ideas worth sending bombs for anyway.