Author Topic: pharmacies  (Read 230 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
pharmacies
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
I just got back from Walgreens a big pharmacy chain store well is there anything thy don't sell?  I saw blenders,crock pots,vacuums and any number of other non medical items as I made my way back to where the Nyquil was.  Now I am older 41 but I don't remember this much stuff in the Woolworths near where I lived growing up! Same everywhere?  We use a small local pharmacy for our Rx's   but they close early they only sell stuff I remember that pharmacies sold when I was a kid
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: pharmacies
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
They don't sell video games.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »
they make their money by selling you the crap you pass on the way to get your prescription. there is a movie theater near my mother's house that operates on the same principal. they are connected to a general store where you can shop while you are waiting to get into your movie.
weird.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
they don't sell heroin.
batcat

TheoK

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »
Do they sell guns?  :zoinks:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 06:38:25 AM »
when i moved to ireland i was surprised. they sell make up in pharmacies and all kinds of weird crap. it's just weird.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 06:47:03 AM »
They used to sell chemicals in Swedish pharmacies. Now you can only buy a few and they're expensive.  :finger:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »
They used to sell chemicals in Swedish pharmacies. Now you can only buy a few and they're expensive.  :finger:

Maybe the delivery vans couldn't find them because someone had blown up the road signs.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »
 :plus:

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:01:52 AM »
We have a place called London drugs on the mainland in Vancouver, a few actually fuck they have everything even an electronics center they had Oblivion and all the other good games that are always sold out everywhere you go. I bought some skull candy headphones in yet their ANOTHER electronics section. They have two electronics sections. You can do all your Christmas shopping there.
Park.