Author Topic: Theory of mind  (Read 609 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Theory of mind
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »
I have been having trouble with this lately but not sure if it's real theory of mind problem so I thought I'd ask he what better place.  I realize that there are other people than me and in theory they have their own thoughts I somewhat accept this.  My problem comes with the fact that there are so many people over 6 billion :zombiefuck:  I have a very hard time with why don't they think like I think. It is so elusive to so many others how can there minds be so different.  How can there be so many different thoughts how does all this work?All this frustrates me lately.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Theory of mind
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
I wonder if this is part of lack of TOM, I seem to expect people to be like me and I think it's bullshit someone can't do what I did. Like I heard people not being able to work when they are depressed and I thought "Bullshit." Well I have worked while having depression and I certainly didn't let it stop me from going to work. I was sure given a lecture about it by my future brother in law when I told him it was bullshit his depression stopped him from going to work. Lot of people don't understand he says.

Everyone lacks TOM.

I also have troubles understanding why something would bother someone if it doesn't bother me. Why is it embarrassing to have someone put a back scratcher in your you know what? That is something I did as a kid and one time it was done to me and I loved it but it shocked me. I still don't see how is it a big deal to others. I do it to people I know, not to strangers.

Why is my online friend bothered by his sister is being stupid by being engaged to a cretin guy? It's her problem not his. Let her be stupid. She is choosing to be with him.

Why do people get so offensive over being questioned and assume you don't believe them?

etc etc etc

It took me years to learn everyone thinks different and everyone's mind works different.

I remember the time I hid my neighbor's bike in a bush and expected him to know it was there because I knew it was. Boy was I in trouble by my mother.

Hey even none aspies have misunderstandings because everyone thinks different.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »
you what? backscratcher?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »
A back scratcher is something you use to scratch your back.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »
Seems like the more I see of people the less I understand.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:16 AM »
Everyone lacks TOM.
  :indeed:

My mum called me on it when I said GA and I were having money troubles (we have for ages) and she said now my sister is. I said my sister should have seen it coming because I knew that would happen ages ago when she was spending a lot of money on all kinds of things. Mum said, "You don't know what it's like from her point of view, do you?". I said no. Because I don't.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 05:10:10 AM »
Why is it embarrassing to have someone put a back scratcher in your you know what? That is something I did as a kid and one time it was done to me and I loved it but it shocked me. I still don't see how is it a big deal to others. I do it to people I know, not to strangers.

i know what a backscratcher is, i just wondered about your use of it. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 07:48:32 AM »
Seems like the more I see of people the less I understand.

The more I understand of people the more I hate them.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »
Why is it embarrassing to have someone put a back scratcher in your you know what? That is something I did as a kid and one time it was done to me and I loved it but it shocked me. I still don't see how is it a big deal to others. I do it to people I know, not to strangers.

i know what a backscratcher is, i just wondered about your use of it. :P

I scratched their private part with the scratcher. It was something I did every time I saw one. I did it to my family and strangers. Now I only do it to people I know. I bet it look freaky if a grownup was touched down there by a young woman. That might not look good vs a child doing it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
I have been having trouble with this lately but not sure if it's real theory of mind problem so I thought I'd ask he what better place.  I realize that there are other people than me and in theory they have their own thoughts I somewhat accept this.  My problem comes with the fact that there are so many people over 6 billion :zombiefuck:  I have a very hard time with why don't they think like I think. It is so elusive to so many others how can there minds be so different.  How can there be so many different thoughts how does all this work?All this frustrates me lately.
Something cohesive might improve the utility of successsive responses.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »
People are strange. Never understood them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »

you are Mr Spock and they are humans.

somebody posted at a truck driver forum if Mr Spock ever encountered trucker logic he would commit suicide

with NT's everything is on a personal emotional level, pick a topic and their emotional thinking will interfer with their judgement and once they get something in their head, it's a done deal trying to tell them their thinking is wrong because they get defensive like it's a personal attack against them and will go into the attack mode right back.

you know i have a thing about government spending and schools, most people married to a school teacher would look at any comment as a personal attack against their wife, when it is nothing personal to complain about the SYSTEM.

wall street journal has a forum and auto's has been a regular topic for over a year now. Nobody discusses the financial aspect of the situation outside of the personal part as they attact overpaid management and or over paid workers. Make a post about factory utilization and return on investment and it's just ignored because there is no person involved in bean counting.

spent $10 billion on a plant & design work and build 1 million cars over 10 years an it's $10,000 per car before the cost of materials & labor is factored in.
build 3 million in 10 years and the start up investment is deluted to $3,333 per car

People don't want to hear their rantings about the UAW members being overpaid is not really the main problem the Big 3 are facing or they could work for free and the companies still go broke if they don't make efficant use of their plants by running them damn near 24/7 to recoop the investment in the plant & design work or do they want to hear the Jap's cherry picked just high volume models to assemble here because they are totally convinced it's those overpaid UNION PEOPLE that are the problem.

It's just burns peoples asses those factory workers make so much money and they can't get past it and yet will tear somebody a new ass if they mention the wages paid to cops,fireman or teachers because they have a soft spot in their hearts for those people so don't dare attack the SYSTEM that has handed them rediculous contracts.

People don't want to hear they have been getting snookered for years by municiple labor contracts so between the warm & fuzzy shit they have for the muni workers and the fact trying to tell them they are idiots getting totally screwed by the labor contracts which they take as a personal attack on their so called intelligence there is no talking about the subject in any sort of rational, logical way. It's easy to drive them nuts, just point out gym teachers make as much as physics teachers and they will go into the attack mode against the person trying to make them look like the idiots they are for allowing it to happen.

I saw the same shit in trucking, attack the screwed up industry and drivers took it as a personal attack against them. I liked driving a truck, I hated the industry. Most truck drivers are ok people, the trucking industry sucks. There was really no discussing things with people who took negitive comments about trucking as personal attacks against them.

There is a you-tube video where a guy questions Obama supporters about things, they sucked down all the personal attacks going on in the campaign and little about the real issues in the country. Everyone could answer who had a pregnant teenage daughter without blinking and on other things that had even more coverage they drew a blank if it was an issue and not something personal about somebody.

NT's senses are in tune to gossip, they live for it and other shit they just tune out. They suck up personal shit while it's likely AS people tune it out.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
I scratched their private part with the scratcher. It was something I did every time I saw one. I did it to my family and strangers. Now I only do it to people I know. I bet it look freaky if a grownup was touched down there by a young woman. That might not look good vs a child doing it.

that doesn't sound right. why did you scratch them? i think it's someone's own business to scratch their stuff, not let a kid do it for them. ??? did anyone do it to you when you were a child?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar