Educational

Author Topic: Use your AS as an excuse  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Use your AS as an excuse
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
I am sure some of us here get sick and tired of people using their condition as an excuse to get special treatment or to avoid responsibilities or to get away with rude behavior, etc.

So now here is our chance to use our condition as an excuse for fun, make a story up and make it funny, stretch it, exaggerate.

I was going to go to Montana and the gas cost $1.99 when I planned to go. But today when I was leaving and stopped to get gas, I saw they jacked the price up to $2.09 and I was upset. I felt anxiety because I do not like surprises and the new gas prices certainly wasn't on my list. I told them to make the unleaded gas $1.99 and showed them my autism card but they refused. I melted down and told them I needed to get to Montana and I don't have all that money to go. The employees told me if I didn't calm down and leave, they would call the police. I came home and filed a complaint to the gas company and told them they needed to do some disability training to deal with special needs. My trip is ruined.

(Kilroy and I have fun with this through MSN. I'm the waaspie and he is the reader and responds to my fake post using insults)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Use your AS as an excuse
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »
I am sure some of us here get sick and tired of people using their condition as an excuse to get special treatment or to avoid responsibilities or to get away with rude behavior, etc.

So now here is our chance to use our condition as an excuse for fun, make a story up and make it funny, stretch it, exaggerate.

I was going to go to Montana and the gas cost $1.99 when I planned to go. But today when I was leaving and stopped to get gas, I saw they jacked the price up to $2.09 and I was upset. I felt anxiety because I do not like surprises and the new gas prices certainly wasn't on my list. I told them to make the unleaded gas $1.99 and showed them my autism card but they refused. I melted down and told them I needed to get to Montana and I don't have all that money to go. The employees told me if I didn't calm down and leave, they would call the police. I came home and filed a complaint to the gas company and told them they needed to do some disability training to deal with special needs. My trip is ruined.

(Kilroy and I have fun with this through MSN. I'm the waaspie and he is the reader and responds to my fake post using insults)

This sounds kind of like that girl who melted down in the airport because she missed her plane.  Kassiane, I think her name was.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
i suck. i have AS.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »
Next time fly Quantas

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:28:03 PM »
i have trouble reading noct's posts, i have assburgers.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

I have a terrible Autistic obsession with puns... perhaps beef would be a better substitute for Ass meat ;)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »
i don't understand....
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:11 AM »
i don't understand....

If you don't understand Nocturnalist, he's making a pun on Milla's use of the word assburgers (Asperger's):  assburgers => ass burgers => ass meat.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:00 AM »

I have a terrible Autistic obsession with puns... perhaps beef would be a better substitute for Ass meat ;)

i have assmeat?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 06:26:31 AM »
Yes, they are losers.

I don't think i will bother, but thanks anyway.
batcat

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »

This sounds kind of like that girl who melted down in the airport because she missed her plane.  Kassiane, I think her name was.

It was. I am thinking of doing a parody on her at the airport.

Damn I get sick and tired of these waaspies, I started the game at WP but got no players. Kilroy says it wasn't a game to the aspies there because lot of them do use their AS as an excuse according to him. I don't see much of it there.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 08:28:52 PM »
I had a meltdown at the airport because the stupid place made me miss my flight.

I like to stay up late and my plane was at 6:20 AM but I just can't get up early, so I arrive at the airport five minutes before the plane takes off and there is a line. I told them I had to get up to the counter because my plane is about to take off. They told me I need to wait in line. I ask them to hold the plane till I get there. The traffic was terrible so that's why I was late. Because I can't get up early, I left the house at 6:20 instead of at 5:30. I got up at 6 instead of at 5. I can't go to to bed early because I have AS and I love staying up late.

I wait in line for an hour and my flight was missed. They say they can't get me on the next one till the next day since flights had been cut. I melt down and have a seizure since I have epilepsy. I told them I was autistic and they still don't give me a special flight so I can go to Boston to see my friend.
I don't bother getting a alarm clock because I am autistic and the whole world needs to cater me. My review for the airport, "suck my ass."
They need to do some disability training.

Next: Timelord's post.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:37 PM »
I had a meltdown at the airport because the stupid place made me miss my flight.

I like to stay up late and my plane was at 6:20 AM but I just can't get up early, so I arrive at the airport five minutes before the plane takes off and there is a line. I told them I had to get up to the counter because my plane is about to take off. They told me I need to wait in line. I ask them to hold the plane till I get there. The traffic was terrible so that's why I was late. Because I can't get up early, I left the house at 6:20 instead of at 5:30. I got up at 6 instead of at 5. I can't go to to bed early because I have AS and I love staying up late.

I wait in line for an hour and my flight was missed. They say they can't get me on the next one till the next day since flights had been cut. I melt down and have a seizure since I have epilepsy. I told them I was autistic and they still don't give me a special flight so I can go to Boston to see my friend.
I don't bother getting a alarm clock because I am autistic and the whole world needs to cater me. My review for the airport, "suck my ass."
They need to do some disability training.

That's the one!

:LMAO:

:plus:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 12:19:17 PM »
I don't know where the link is at for Timelord's post to read it again. But I think this might be close enough:

I need $800 dollars to see my family because the trains doesn't suit my special needs. I don't like having people around me and I need the whole coach to myself and I just don't have all that money. They won't even make all the seats a $1 a piece so I can buy them all and I can't fly because the seats are too crowded in and they won't make first class cheap for me. I can't even buy 5 seats to keep people away from me. Also they make me wait in that line and I hate waiting and they make me go through security and I have to take off my shoes, my jacket, my watch, and they make me do it because they don't care about my special needs. I need to have on all my stuff and have things be the same like it was before 9/11 because I have AS. I need to be able to carry on more than one bag, I need to have my luggage checked on free of charge.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 12:13:15 AM »
Hehe, well done. Timelord is such as asshole.