Educational

Author Topic: does anyone here have asthma  (Read 732 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: does anyone here have asthema
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »
I have it. I really don't "wheeze", more like get short of breath & cough my head off when I have a bad attack.

They actually told me for years it was just probably just a "panic attack" before someone actually thought to order a breathing test.

Do you notice any problems when you go in and out of the cold or around certain things?

I didn't end up with it until I was in my 20's, if it's triggered by allergens you can end up with it any time. Never really smoked here either. Well not anything you could buy in a store anyways.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »
I have it. I really don't "wheeze", more like get short of breath & cough my head off when I have a bad attack.

They actually told me for years it was just probably just a "panic attack" before someone actually thought to order a breathing test.

Do you notice any problems when you go in and out of the cold or around certain things?

I didn't end up with it until I was in my 20's, if it's triggered by allergens you can end up with it any time. Never really smoked here either. Well not anything you could buy in a store anyways.

Yeah.  It's lousy becausw that means cold triggers it in winter and allergens in summer.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »
how did you use to have it? did it go away? i thought it was an incurable disease?
I had it when I was younger- it can go away after puberty and older which is what happened.
I'm still allergic to some things which make me wheeze though.
batcat

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 09:23:51 PM »
Same.

I got asthma when I was 18. I take Seretide every day for it now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »
No but getting bronchitis
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 04:23:53 AM »
im shure that isnt the correct spelling, but i was wondering what it feels like? i dont have asthema but everyonece in awile i'll get short of breath like my lungs are constricting, and not getting enough air. almost like weezing, and i have to force myself to breath it just so startling because i feel like im gonna trigger a bloodclot to the brain or something while this happens. and no its not a panic attack

has anyone ever expeirianced this?
That sounds like it could be asthma to me. I was diagnosed with asthma at 37, just about a year after I quit using crank and drinking too much. I take maintenance drugs, Qvar, Serevent and Naseril but only rarely use Albuterol. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but last year I caught some viral crap on a job site and got an opportunistic infection that knocked my dick in the dirt. :zombiefuck: I had to take a corticosteroid called Prednisone to get unfucked. That happened when I had been neglecting to take my maintenance meds for over 4 months. I think being in good general health and fit does help keep that shit at bay.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
I had to take a corticosteroid called Prednisone to get unfucked. That happened when I had been neglecting to take my maintenance meds for over 4 months. I think being in good general health and fit does help keep that shit at bay.

Not always. Even when I'm running and doing weight training I've still had to take that stuff.  :-\
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 01:43:57 AM »
I certainly don't envy you for that Pyraxis, that is a pretty rough drug to take. I guess it beats dying as an alternative, but I hope I don't need it again. I have been better with my maintenance meds since then. Do you take Albuterol regularly Pyraxis?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:40:45 AM »
I wouldn't die without it. It was for bad eczema, not asthma, so I don't have to take albuterol. For me it wasn't actually that bad to take, it gave me more energy. Made me jumpy too but that was manageable. It's the long-term effects that bother me more.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
I'm a healthy specimen, so no I don't have asthma.
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
I did for a while when I was 12. It was scary not being able to breath.
It's what the doctor said it was. Doesn't mean he was right.
At the time I was staying with my dad for a couple weeks when my parents were divorced for a while and
everyone at that house was a smoker and they followed me everywhere with their cigs when they got drunk on weekend nights.
I also had to share a room with two kittens and i'm allergic to cats.

I know it was allergies. At my brothers house the other night I had hard time breathing because that house is rotting and I got sick from the mold in the walls

Park.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »
Smokers following you around and you sleeping with kittens? No wonder you suddenly acquired asthma. Yikes.  :zombiefuck:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
My mom does.  I was told magnesium was a muscle relaxer, and thus help asthma.    Any nutritional deficency in general can cause inflammation that can make asthma.  I would imagine stress can affect that to, forgive others, and stay with the positives.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »
Sorry but I still say muscle stimulation. I had asthema as a child and now I am a beastly little man.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 12:09:50 AM »
I thought I had asthma but it turned out it was just that I had a LOT of allergies. At the risk of sounding friviolous, I found cannabis to be very helpful in that regard, as well as on a psychological level.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.