Author Topic: Being a vegetarian  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Being a vegetarian
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
soya products are generally revolting, although they have got chemicals which are similar to female hormones, as pete says.

Do you know where I can get rice milk? Asda doesn't sell any, so I had to get soya.

asda's shite.  morrisons and all other supermarkets do it, as do health shops.  the one off east street closed down, but there must be one nearish you - check on the intergeeks.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

improved digestion; improved immune system, quicker to heal; lower cholesterol (if one doesn't gorge on cheese and eggs); lower risk of heart disease; less prone to bowel and some other cancers...

the quicker to heal one i discovered by accident.  i had a pyonidal sinus, which was 2 x 2 inches on the outside, and went in 6 inches.  it healed up so quickly the medical staff in the hospital were shocked.  someone then said it was cos i was veggie.  then, years later, i found out that asian women are encouraged to go on a veggie diet for a couple of weeks after they have their nose or ears pierced, to speed up the healing process.  interesting, eh?  no  idea how it works, though, and i've tried to find out.

Karma, my dear?

knob.  :laugh:

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »
soya products are generally revolting, although they have got chemicals which are similar to female hormones, as pete says.

Do you know where I can get rice milk? Asda doesn't sell any, so I had to get soya.

asda's shite.  morrisons and all other supermarkets do it, as do health shops.  the one off east street closed down, but there must be one nearish you - check on the intergeeks.

I like Morrisons. My parents go there often.

And I hate the Bedminster Asda with a passion -- too crowded and chavvy. :(
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:22:24 PM by pissgai »
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2008, 01:51:18 PM »
Do vegans have cheeses made from rice or soya milk? Just wonderin'.

Here is a vegan cheese made from soy, which is casein free and gluten free:

http://www.followyourheart.com/vegangourmet.html

I don't recommend soya products for guys; they contain estrogenic chemicals that can mess with the male endocrine system.
I have had soya for about a decade - my endocrine system is perfectly fine.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
What are the health reasons that make a veggie diet a good idea?

improved digestion; improved immune system, quicker to heal; lower cholesterol (if one doesn't gorge on cheese and eggs); lower risk of heart disease; less prone to bowel and some other cancers...

the quicker to heal one i discovered by accident.  i had a pyonidal sinus, which was 2 x 2 inches on the outside, and went in 6 inches.  it healed up so quickly the medical staff in the hospital were shocked.  someone then said it was cos i was veggie.  then, years later, i found out that asian women are encouraged to go on a veggie diet for a couple of weeks after they have their nose or ears pierced, to speed up the healing process.  interesting, eh?  no  idea how it works, though, and i've tried to find out.

I wonder how much of the health benefits of a vegetarian diet are due to the exclusion of meat, and how much is due to it simply having more fruit and veg with the increased fibre, vitamins and minerals that go along with that, and the decreased amount of junk food, sugar, salt, additives and other crap versus a typical not-arsed-enough-to-eat-in-a-particular-way diet.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
Any links on veggie supplements? Cheers.
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »

I wonder how much of the health benefits of a vegetarian diet are due to the exclusion of meat, and how much is due to it simply having more fruit and veg with the increased fibre, vitamins and minerals that go along with that, and the decreased amount of junk food, sugar, salt, additives and other crap versus a typical not-arsed-enough-to-eat-in-a-particular-way diet.

very little, i should think, as i've always eaten healthily - didn't even like sweets and fizzy drinks as a kid, and i've rarely eaten junk food.  i've never had a <insert southern state here> fried chicken, or a McBastards, for a start.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

Haha- when I got my nose pierced, I was asked if I was a vegetarian because 'vegetarians bleed more.'  (At the time, I wasn't).

Only person I can remember making bleed, seemed to heal quick enough.  And he's not veggie.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »
i wanna go to Morrisons, they've got lots of cheap booze. as i can see on TV. :headbang2:

oh come on, you are so cute and feminine. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
i wanna go to Morrisons, they've got lots of cheap booze. as i can see on TV. :headbang2:

oh come on, you are so cute and feminine. :P
Lol - still living up the student lifestyle eh?

I am not feminine - just cute. Honestly... :P

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »
give us a picture then. 8)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: