Educational

Author Topic: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: How much do YOU fucking hate Christmas? ... and why?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »
I like the tinsel and lights.

The rest of it is a general PITA.  :laugh:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:04 AM »
It's the 25th here and I got a Facebook post about how it's only 6 months until Christmas.

Boooo!

Do you live in the part of the world where everything is upside down?

I have a friend who starts touting xmas in may.  I tolerate it since I worked with her and she is a really good person!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2018, 03:37:08 AM »
In the Philippines they say "Christmas starts with the Bers".

By that they mean that the decorations go up at the start of September.

I am actually a little bit sad. My daughter still believes in Santa Claus. She may or may not still believe come December. Regardless, this will almost certainly be the last Santa Claus Christmas. No more carrots left out on carefully labelled plates for each of the raindeer. No more cookies and milk left out for Santa.

I have always maintained that I don't believe in Santa Claus, never been one of those parents who tries to convince their kids that Santa Claus is real. Apart from the toys appearing on Xmas morning as if by magic.

I used to hate Christmas. It kind of reminds me too much of my own childhood. But.... I get the chance to make new experiences and new memories with my own family, my own children, try to give them memories that will make them happy in years to come. I do all the gift buying for the kids (my wife has no idea) and the cooking as well.

Last Christmas was a bit sad because one of my friends used to always come over for a Boxing Day feast with his family and he died last year (cancer, age 50). I tried to get his wife to come and bring her kids but she has gone into full hermit mode since he passed. Her brother (they are both as HFA, and eccentric, as heck) comes over on a different day with his girlfriend and I cook up a feast for them. One of my best friends used to come over as well but he lives in Thailand now with his family. I like to cook a turkey and roast vegetables and a big home-made pavlova with mango and passionfruit and pineapple.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2018, 04:28:11 AM »
No more carrots left out on carefully labelled plates for each of the raindeer. No more cookies and milk left out for Santa.

If it was me, I'd cook 'em first.  I like cooked carrots, raw ones not so much.

I have always maintained that I don't believe in Santa Claus, never been one of those parents who tries to convince their kids that Santa Claus is real. Apart from the toys appearing on Xmas morning as if by magic.

I saw through it when I was about seven or eight.

But.... I get the chance to make new experiences and new memories with my own family, my own children, try to give them memories that will make them happy in years to come. I do all the gift buying for the kids (my wife has no idea) and the cooking as well.

We have my niece.  I'm just the uncle, I basically have to leave alone.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2018, 04:54:43 AM »
I think I was about 8 years old when I figured out that Santa Claus and God were pretend.

Also it's not uncommon for guys on the spectrum to start relationships, families etc a lot later in life. Life aint passed you by yet.

Carrots were for the reindeer. Reindeer like raw carrots.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2018, 05:05:06 AM »
I think I was about 8 years old when I figured out that Santa Claus and God were pretend.

Both at the same time eh?  Lucky you.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2018, 05:36:25 AM »

Both at the same time eh?  Lucky you.

Not much gets past me. Last year I worked out that the Easter Bunny may also be a scam.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2018, 05:49:14 AM »
Not much gets past me. Last year I worked out that the Easter Bunny may also be a scam.

Let me know when you find out about the Nigerian Prince.  Might take a while to filter through.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »

Let me know when you find out about the Nigerian Prince.  Might take a while to filter through.

Keep that one on the low down. I've got two Nigerian princes on the go. One of them is going to split $20M with me. Suckers!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
Want a third one?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
Want a third one?

Have you got a spare Nigerian prince?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »
I just hate xmas for what it has become. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
Want a third one?

This one is heir to some rich guy but dying of cancer and all he wants is to get the money out by borrowing your bank account. Perfectly legit.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2018, 05:12:53 PM »
Want a third one?

This one is heir to some rich guy but dying of cancer and all he wants is to get the money out by borrowing your bank account. Perfectly legit.

Sounds legit. I'm in.