Educational

Author Topic: Damned Village  (Read 1777 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Damned Village
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 10:14:03 AM »
I don't dislike Lit, I just get weary of his dodgy views and bullshitting. I deleted him for the fun of it as some silly prank, he was free to come back. I won't do that shit now though, can give the wrong impression that I'm some eejit that loves censoring people.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
I maintain that my use of the blabberizer at Cal did not comprise abuse of any kind.

Please list my OTHER abuses of power during my years as an admin here, if you know of any.

I don't. This wasn't about anything other than the blabberizer and the prank at Pea's site. That has been enough to show me how you act when you're provoked. I think it's childish. It creates needless drama and plays into the hands of the provocateurs.

Is that specific enough to make sense?

The facts that *you* hope are there but ae unable to present since they only exist in your mind. FUD.

But I'm not looking for more facts. As I already said. I don't know what you've decided is in my head, but you're wrong.

I did qualify. I mentioned FUD, which was and remains  part of your standard ammunition.

That is a reminder of your character because unless you produce examples and evidence, FUD is what remains.

Ah - I didn't know that FUD was a common rhetorical tactic. (I've read up on it now, though, so I think I get what you're talking about.) I thought fear, uncertainty and doubt were just descriptive words for what I was doing, and I didn't understand that it was a character slight to point them out.

But it's not me who created the fear, uncertainty and doubt. I'm just the one talking about them. You, Kamina and Pea all had a hand in its creation - you and Kamina with the pranks, and Pea most of all with the threat to close down his site.

Maybe there would be less FUD if I kept my mouth shut with the paranoia and suspiciousness. But what is the alternative? For Pea to have shut his site down without saying why, and without bringing you into it at all? To lay out the facts of what happened but not to discuss them? I propose (and I'm not sure about this, so I'm open to argument) that it's better to let people's emotions run high for the drama, to acknowledge them and let them get it out of their systems. And part of that is talking about fear, uncertainty and doubt about authority.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
Drama is practically always a good thing on the intergeeks. Creates traffic. And for the likes of Modzilla, it's the only thing they've got.

And Pyraxis--since you claim this is how I act when provoked, shouldn't you all feel safe? Banning Modzilla was high drama but completely harmless and completely reversible. Blabberizing Cal was NOT a prank, it was done to save this place, and in my humble opinion, it did save the place. And it was also completely reversible.

You've the right to an opinion but the FUD failed. Next!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »
I can barely keep up with the dramas on one forum, let alone the 30 asperger forums out there.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
I can barely keep up with the dramas on one forum, let alone the 30 asperger forums out there.

I gave up trying.  I look and post now and then in about six.  I only really closely follow here
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
Drama is practically always a good thing on the intergeeks. Creates traffic.

I may have to quote you on that.  :P

And Pyraxis--since you claim this is how I act when provoked, shouldn't you all feel safe? Banning Modzilla was high drama but completely harmless and completely reversible.

Hm, point. Okay.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2008, 07:44:08 AM »
the drama is the good part.  the fighting is the juice.

why would you go and close it down, pea?

Drama? You've been avoiding it for so many months now. :P
don't worry about me, pea.  the drama follows me.  sometimes i think it must be my shadow.
Misunderstood.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »
Thanks Odeon for helping with my site. Do you mind DV being affiliated with I2? :)

Not at all. Quite the contrary.

And you're welcome. :)

:zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »
I like your new sig, Pappy.

This was a blast from the past. It's amusing how similar the words coming out from my mouth/fingers then were to what Al's been harping about lately.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:31 PM »

I saw it on Facebook and it seems so relevant to today's political landscape.

This was a blast from the past. It's amusing how similar the words coming out from my mouth/fingers then were to what Al's been harping about lately.

Some things never change.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

Unlike Al, you were able to move on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
I've just looked at both perspectives.

I don't have a better answer from a leadership perspective. I know what I would have done in your place, just as I thought you should have done - stopped responding to Al cold turkey and let his complaints either fizzle out or look laughably passive aggressive. But that's under the assumption it wouldn't have gotten under my skin. Under the assumption that something, at some point, would indeed get under my skin, there would still need to be a viable plan for how to manage it. And then it becomes a question of either dealing with it quickly and harshly, or delegating the task, probably to a small group of admins. I would have a strong preference for delegation, but realistically I can't see either parts or renaeden getting involved - neither one likes drama - and the only other option, McJagger - nothing I said could convince him to come and shake things up. That was why he showed his face for about sixty seconds, btw. I asked him to come and sinbin both of you.

I still think that you should face some kind of repercussion, as a member, for being a provocative asshole.

From the other perspective - well, obviously I've been there. I support free speech and I think it's critical to the health of a community to have people who speak the truth to power. I have good memories of Kamina - she and Pea, as well as DD, on that forum of Pea's, were all good to me when WolFish and I were dealing with one of the interminable health crises. I'm sick to fucking death of Al's broken record, maybe because I don't see you as blameless in the way he seems to be convinced that everyone does. I don't need him to batter me into having a balanced perspective. I can think for my own damn self. I also support his ability to do the same. I'm concerned about moderation creep, even as I see the extent to which it's being brought on as a consequence, not a cause, of the actions of the guy most vehement about its danger. But I know better than to make an issue of it without having a plausible solution.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 08:00:25 AM »
Have you ever thought about taking over Mc's place as an admin?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
I'm just so sick of the whole thing. There's more to this world than an endless rant about perceived injustices, moderation creep and whatnot. It's not about speaking the truth to people in power, it's about continuing to piss on the floor in spite of years of housetraining. I mean, what's the bloody point in continuing when it's clearly not resulting in anything good for anyone?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »
Growing up in Nebraska, they had a saying there, "Never start something that you can't Finnish".  :rofl: