Author Topic: Damned Village  (Read 1766 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Damned Village
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »
It's the drama, Milla. It makes it all look bigger, and I know Modzilla's having a fit about it.

But it *is* interesting that the few times I have done something resembling this some make it sound like that's all I ever did. I wonder why that is--Lucifer says it's because people know I *can*, but I think there's more to it.

And you're right--I'm not a proper admin and haven't been in a long while. Callaway, Parts, and Renaeden are, and they handle all the day-to-day stuff. I'm the techie, mostly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 07:20:58 PM »
Glad you're back.

Who is that person who I blocked on youtube anyway? Did he/she used to post here under another alias? I'm interested to know. I also have no idea who most of the people at peas forum are.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »
i notice pranks, what you did didn't come off as a prank, odeon.

What's the difference between an admin changing a member's permissions and me doing it? That's all a ban is.

your pranks just don't seem such. like when you babblized Calandale. seemed revenge, not prank. same as this. you had this thing with gaara, so it wasn't just silly fun, which is what pranks should be, imo

also you weren't even an admin properly.

So, why was it more funny when Modzilla and Shleed banned people and deleted their accounts on DV but less funny when one of them was banned?

Isn't it just as easy to reverse a ban of one of them as it was to reverse the bans they did to others?

BTW, I think Modzilla has "this thing" with lots of people.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:19 PM »
The "again" is fucking hilarious--it's a clever devise, Pyraxis, but it doesn't inspire confidence to see you ignore qualifying it.

Okay. I'm thinking of when you blabberized Cal (as you're probably well aware). But that's been argued to death already, and I didn't want to start that particular argument again, since I know we have different opinions and that's not likely to change. My point was more that you do get caught up in drama sometimes, and the fact that you'll abuse your power when you do is not something I think is right.

You're introducing fear, uncertainty and doubt, hoping the facts will reveal themselves.

What facts? Are you implying there's more to the story than you trading pranks with Kamina? I actually wasn't trying to pry more information out of you. I already accepted that you did the prank and that there's nothing I can do about it beyond bitch. If I'm introducing fear, uncertainty, and doubt, it's because that's what drama like this inspires in people who are hurt by it and don't hold the reins.

Again, indeed. No substance other than some hurt feelings at DV and what *I* told you.

A reminder of character, indeed.

What kind of reminder? Now who's not qualifying?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:48 PM »
I wonder why that is--Lucifer says it's because people know I *can*, but I think there's more to it.

What more do you think there is? I'm with Lucifer - it's because people know you can, and they know they can't stop you, and they have their place in the community at stake.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »
To be fair, I did fuck up Callaway's account unintentionally during my time as admin on I2 last year and also fucked up Cal's Aspie Chaos site at one point.

Yeah, I had mixed feelings over what happened yesterday, but I'm over them now. I realise that Odeon wasn't trying to destroy my site or anything -- his beef is with my current staff.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:07:48 AM by pissgai »
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »

So, why was it more funny when Modzilla and Shleed banned people and deleted their accounts on DV but less funny when one of them was banned?

Shleed did delete Lit, yes, but only because he dislikes the guy. I don't recall Kamina deleting accounts based on personal grudges though.

So do I, but no one is forced to associate with her, like with me. And there's more to Kamina than just being a 4chan/Something Awful wankstain -- I know her better than any of her associates and enemies online.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 12:04:24 AM »
Glad you're back.

Who is that person who I blocked on youtube anyway? Did he/she used to post here under another alias? I'm interested to know. I also have no idea who most of the people at peas forum are.

A friend of mine whom I've met on YT a few months ago.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 05:15:02 AM »
Darn, it's too early in the morning for my taste buds to have buttered popcorn.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 07:37:24 AM »
I wonder why that is--Lucifer says it's because people know I *can*, but I think there's more to it.

What more do you think there is? I'm with Lucifer - it's because people know you can, and they know they can't stop you, and they have their place in the community at stake.

But this is nothing new. I've had that power for years here, without using it, the exceptions being the two-day blabberizer and banning minors (and, of course, those that have actively tried to harm this site). Note that I've been VERY restrictive with banning anyone--both Lit and scrap are still here, in spite of their best efforts to harm I2.

Why is it an issue when I prank Modzilla back at DV, where similar pranks were carried out unnoticed by those normally in power? Do note that the ONLY permanent change at DV was the deletion of my account, and nobody else but me was "harmed" by that action.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »
The "again" is fucking hilarious--it's a clever devise, Pyraxis, but it doesn't inspire confidence to see you ignore qualifying it.

Okay. I'm thinking of when you blabberized Cal (as you're probably well aware). But that's been argued to death already, and I didn't want to start that particular argument again, since I know we have different opinions and that's not likely to change. My point was more that you do get caught up in drama sometimes, and the fact that you'll abuse your power when you do is not something I think is right.

Then say so--say what you mean, instead of saying "again" in the vaguest of contexts.

I maintain that my use of the blabberizer at Cal did not comprise abuse of any kind.

Please list my OTHER abuses of power during my years as an admin here, if you know of any.

You're introducing fear, uncertainty and doubt, hoping the facts will reveal themselves.

What facts? Are you implying there's more to the story than you trading pranks with Kamina? I actually wasn't trying to pry more information out of you. I already accepted that you did the prank and that there's nothing I can do about it beyond bitch. If I'm introducing fear, uncertainty, and doubt, it's because that's what drama like this inspires in people who are hurt by it and don't hold the reins.

The facts that *you* hope are there but ae unable to present since they only exist in your mind. FUD.

Again, indeed. No substance other than some hurt feelings at DV and what *I* told you.

A reminder of character, indeed.

What kind of reminder? Now who's not qualifying?

I did qualify. I mentioned FUD, which was and remains  part of your standard ammunition.

That is a reminder of your character because unless you produce examples and evidence, FUD is what remains.

Again.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »

Shleed did delete Lit, yes, but only because he dislikes the guy. I don't recall Kamina deleting accounts based on personal grudges though.

And I haven't deleted anyone except myself. There is a difference.

So do I, but no one is forced to associate with her, like with me. And there's more to Kamina than just being a 4chan/Something Awful wankstain -- I know her better than any of her associates and enemies online.

Thing is, many people ARE forced since she is an admin.

And she abuses friendships, too, but is neither here nor there, and not up to me to comment on.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
the drama is the good part.  the fighting is the juice.

why would you go and close it down, pea?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 07:46:13 AM »

Thing is, many people ARE forced since she is an admin

unless they leave. her utter obnoxiousness was the primary reason I walked away and left them to it.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »
the drama is the good part.  the fighting is the juice.

why would you go and close it down, pea?

Drama? You've been avoiding it for so many months now. :P