Author Topic: Emotional Vampire  (Read 1204 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Emotional Vampire
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
i just had a big fight with my girlfriend who accused me of being a martyr. blech.
not so.

i do things for her because when she feels good, i do. it's not codependency, it's - hmm. something else. i do nice things for total strangers when i need a mood boost. and when i do any kind of public speaking, i get the same thing.

i'm an emotional vampire.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Emotional Vampire
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »
everything is selfish. when we do things for others it's because it makes us feel good. it's supposed to be like that. not all selfishness is bad. when it's helping others, that's good. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
i just had a big fight with my girlfriend who accused me of being a martyr. blech.
not so.

i do things for her because when she feels good, i do. it's not codependency, it's - hmm. something else. i do nice things for total strangers when i need a mood boost. and when i do any kind of public speaking, i get the same thing.

i'm an emotional vampire.

Actually I've always found you to be more of a manipulator. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, but I do think you do a lot of the things you do simply in order to manipulate your surroundings.

EDIT: It's not necessarily a negative thing as such, but the way you do this (IMO, of course) is a bit like Calandale's MO and that *is* a negative thing.  Sometimes it feels like you'll do whatever it takes to draw attention to yourself.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:39:38 PM by odeon »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
i readily admit to being a manipulator, including the times when it *is* a bad thing. those times tend to be the ones i am less aware of. sometimes i do it on purpose, but i haven't often thought about the deeper meanings of that purpose.
i do like attention, but i prefer good attention because you can get more of it since people like giving it to you.

i struggle with trying to not get bad attention from my girlfriend, and for the most part i manage. except for fights when things get out of control. but in this case i was not trying for bad or good attention. i was trying to hold my own in a fight that i didn't really understand.
and the fight started over me doing something i thought was good.
the whole thing was miscommunication which i am an expert at.

what is Calandale's MO? To do anything to get attention? I would deny this one because I know awesomely bad ways to get attention and I wouldn't use them for any reason in the world.

fights with my girlfriend don't last as long as making up...that's a lot more fun.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
fights with my girlfriend don't last as long as making up...that's a lot more fun.

Post pics.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »
what is Calandale's MO? To do anything to get attention?

That's the one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »

Post pics.

you'd be bored. we are not the bump and grind type and we don't make a lot of noise - except during those *special* sessions.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
Pretty sure any naked skin will do.

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

That's the one.

OK, I still maintain that I am not quite the drama monger that Calandale was - at least that is how he was on nlands, but as I said, I *do* know how to draw attention

Quote from: odeon

okie

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »

That's the one.

OK, I still maintain that I am not quite the drama monger that Calandale was - at least that is how he was on nlands, but as I said, I *do* know how to draw attention

My point. And you're doing it now.

Quote from: odeon

okie

I suspect Peter was hoping for more, though. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »

That's the one.

My point. And you're doing it now.
So am I using "anything" to draw attention or am I engaged in tempting people who cannot help but pay attention? I could just be causing trouble for those who can't ignore things. I wouldn't be a threat to those who were indifferent. An i wouldn't be able to suck out their precious Uza either...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:43:27 PM by worldbuilder »

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 05:13:35 PM »
The way I see it, you're doing a LOT to draw attention to yourself. Your way of doing it is to try a mindfuck.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 06:11:40 PM »

Post pics.

you'd be bored. we are not the bump and grind type and we don't make a lot of noise - except during those *special* sessions.

When Jack joins in? 

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
The way I see it, you're doing a LOT to draw attention to yourself. Your way of doing it is to try a mindfuck.

you are expecting maybe my past behavior, which my girlfriend tells me is a form of mindfuck. though i may have engaged in such behavior in the past, i lack the sophistication with which to respond to your query as i have no definition of mindfuck in my repertoire. perhaps you could tell me which things you refer to when you say that i am engaging in this behavior and then i could formulate a reasonable response to your query.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 04:52:57 AM »
That picture looked like it was of a baby with spina bifida. I could be completely wrong and it is of something else, this being Intensity and all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae