Author Topic: Just told a customer to go else where  (Read 611 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Just told a customer to go else where
« on: October 27, 2008, 07:44:08 PM »
I just sent a rely to an email I got form a prospective customer who was a pain in the ass telling him to go with the the quote he sent me from a competitor.  He wanted me to substantially lower my bid to come close to theirs and given me the how bad the economy is speech.  Well fuck I have work through December now as it is and more people calling daily. Their quote did not contain lot of tings included in mine and they are doing it in a manner I know for a fact will fail(been there and did it before).  It never felt so good to turn down a bid as it did this time. A year ago I don't think I could have done  it I was always the push over.  It really made my day :clap:

BTW the guy giving me the how bad the economy is speech works in the NYC office of AIG one of the places that lost all the money latley
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just told a customer to go else where
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »
Good for you, Parts.

You did the right thing.  That customer would have been a big pain about every little thing.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:49:52 PM »

Yeah, fuck him!

I have had to "Fire"  a few customers, as I call it, too.

You don't need the grief!

Tell the bastard to save the speech for his creditors when they serve him with a summons to appear in claims court.

:evillaugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:54:35 PM »
Way to go! :asthing:

I used to find stuff like this really hard myself, but I'm finding it's getting easier now. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:30:05 AM »
Good riddance, I'd say. He would have been an absolute pain so you're better off without him.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 05:10:24 AM »
Thanks,  It actually freed up my schedule to work for nicer people :)   It feels great

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »
He just emailed me again asking me to reconsider ::)  This after complaining that my price was $3,433 higher than what he considered a comparable bid WTF won't he take the hint

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
This is where you present all the rules you expect for him to follow as a normal customer and get agreement and confirmation (add in your own, steeper policies for this one instance), go back to the beginning (if you are inclinied), fully state and re-state every possible bump along the way to the completion of this job (continuing to get his agreement) and fully disclose and remind him of the benefits for having you as his service tech (get more confirmation), then Fire his ass, once and for all.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:32:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
Must be related to my inlaws. They feel everyone needs the money so much they are willing to put up with a ton of shit. Then they stand there confused when they end up with half-assed work and whoever they called never answers their phone calls ever again.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

...  or tell him you spilled beer on the quote, can't really read it anymore and your not even sure what the hell he is talking about.

:LMAO:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »
I would have said, yeah and I am also part of that economy.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »
I am sending him an email formally withdrawing my bid telling him that I don't  have the time to devote to his project

George Bernard Shaw

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »
Yes and add how he thought chickens could fly to. :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »

Skinny, tall ones from South America can, but the ones raised in cages certainly can not.

To me, the most remarkable bird to watch, which most people think CAN'T FLY is a peacock. Oh, NO, they can't fly,  until you see one take off and fly around, that is. They can fly like hell!!

... but zoos and many farmers cut their wings (it only takes removing about half of two feathers and they lose their ability).

:D

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »

Skinny, tall ones from South America can, but the ones raised in cages certainly can not.

To me, the most remarkable bird to watch, which most people think CAN'T FLY is a peacock. Oh, NO, they can't fly,  until you see one take off and fly around, that is. They can fly like hell!!

... but zoos and many farmers cut their wings (it only takes removing about half of two feathers and they lose their ability).

:D

Figures, my bro was telling me about a man  eating spider down there.  He showed me the  shit eating fetishes, and his bullet proof suit to with silicon.