Author Topic: Telephones and answering machines and laptop speakers  (Read 200 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Telephones and answering machines and laptop speakers
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:12:07 PM »
They are the most annoying things ever all they do is beep, ring and have annoying peoples voices on them.
When we live in an age of text messaging and email. Why is this necessary? Phones are loud and annoying. Peoples voices sound annoying when left on answering machines. My mom's friend leaves messages like "I knoooooooow your theeeeeeeeir pick up the phoooooooone"
I start to panic when I hear them. I hate the MSN noises to and keep the volume down so I don't have to hear the chiming noise.

Even though I hate phones I do understand it's my problem. My over sensory issue. I'm not gonna go blame a bunch of people on it. Pretty much the whole world uses telephones.
In my community I am pretty much the only young woman who is not bound to a cellphone. EVERYBODY has them. Well maybe my hate for them is a good thing. I will be less likely to develop brain cancer or becoming sterile. Not that I want to have a bunch of kids anyways.

I do know this is a common thing of aspies and auties. Same with vacuum cleaners and car horns. The noise makes me panic.
It's not that it hurts my ears I just get this tight feeling in my stomach and it makes my muscles all tense.  It affects my whole body. Not just my ears.

Or music that comes out of laptop speakers. My other aspie friend was listening to the same song over and over out of his small Macbook and it was driving me crazy. I don't listen to music out of my laptop because the sound is poor and slowly destroys the speakers to use for other purposes like videos and games. I listen to music on my sterero, desktop , PS3 , PSP or ipod.

Anyone ever feel this way?
Park.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Telephones and answering machines and laptop speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:12:03 PM »
I hate the phone ringing usually because you have to instantly jump into a conversation and think on your feet about some subject that you aren't prepared for or have any answers for.

I do have a mobile phone, but I lost it somewhere in the house and I'm not too fussed over that which should be weird but it isn't. Meh.

And I agree with the shitty little speakers thing, I just don't get it. In this day and age I think there should be no reason everything can have good speakers. Hell I use a Yamaha Surround Sound setup for my PC connected with Coax SPDIF.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
I used to really struggle with the answering machine. It was so annoying I couldn't concentrate on what was being said and would have to re-listen to messages multiple times. Thank fuck we don't have on anymore. The MSN chime is pretty bad when t's rapid-firing, but otherwise can be welcoming. "Sombody loves me enough to instant message!"
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »
I hate phones. I have a cell phone for emergencies that hardly ever sees the light of day.

Love my answering machine though, it's set to pick up on 2 rings, I use it to screen all my calls.

My speakers are usually turned off, and I don't run MSN since I can't think fast enough to type a response in a reasonable amount of time to people anyways. :blonde:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 01:21:56 AM »
Only loud phones bother me. I stopped answering my phone because I kept getting these campaign calls and I got sick and tired of being interrupted over something unimportant and wasting my free time. Now that the election has passed, I can answer it again but I still ignore it. I let the answering machine get it and if the call is so important, they can leave a message and their number.

We were also getting phone calls and they would hang up before we get to it. He said we need to get a caller ID and I said "Lets just wait and see how ling this continues." Then I decided later on to stop answering the phone. Now the calls have died off.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »
It took me a long time to get a mobile phone and I still don't like it. I often leave it at home when I go out or leave it turned off altogether.

We don't have many people ring us at home, we mainly get wrong numbers or telemarketers.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Aspie Bitch from Hell

• Fresh Meat
  • Be nice or SUFFER!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 03:55:41 AM »
Telemarketers don't ring me!  :evillaugh: