Educational

Author Topic: Just told a customer to go else where  (Read 608 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just told a customer to go else where
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

...  or tell him you spilled beer on the quote, can't really read it anymore and your not even sure what the hell he is talking about.

:LMAO:
:lol:
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
They sent me a 25% down payment today WTF doesn't anybody pay attention
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 01:53:20 AM »

:o

What are you going to do, return it?

Didn't they get your email withdrawing your bid?

Maybe they admire your integrity in telling them to go with the other guy's estimate.

I know someone who was a bitch like that about everything and she was never happy with the work anyone ever did for her.  She always found fault with it and threatened to sue them if they did not refund a substantial part of her money.  I think she only actually sued one person, though.  The rest gave at least some of the money back, but more and more people refused to deal with her.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 02:50:23 AM »

25% of your quote or 25% of the quote total that they wanted to screw you down to?

Can't you just ring them and tell them you need confirmation in writing ie; email, that they have accepted your quote of $ xxx??

(Did you include electricity?   ;))

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 02:05:19 PM »
If you do not want the job,  DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK  (even accidentally)  or a legal case can be made in her favor that you have come to an agreement with her.

Write VOID across it, make a copy of both sides (showing it has not been endorsed) and return it by registered mail, if you are worried, otherwise, you can just toss it.

If you want revenge, go to a mall or some place where the druggies hang out and "lose it."
:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
If you do not want the job,  DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK  (even accidentally)  or a legal case can be made in her favor that you have come to an agreement with her.

Write VOID across it, make a copy of both sides (showing it has not been endorsed) and return it by registered mail, if you are worried, otherwise, you can just toss it.

If you want revenge, go to a mall or some place where the druggies hang out and "lose it."
:D

LOL
 :dawg:
batcat

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
Calling on Monday the property manager

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »

How did it go?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »

How did it go?

He wasn't surprised by my actions at all and told me his dealing with the man on a business level where always like this.  Then he gave me an address to send the check back to after vioding it and said he was sorry that I had to deal with it and it would not cloud and further dealings with his company. When I told him about the other quote he sent me and said that the guy had driven them away too

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
When I told him about the other quote he sent me and said that the guy had driven them away too

Aha - that explains why he sent you the check even after you told him where to stick it.

:wanker:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »
I wonder how much being an asshole is going to cost this guy.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »
My first job working in a department store I got summoned to work at the front registers. This old lady got in my line to just buy cigarettes. I told her she had to go to the line where the cigarettes were. She complained to management and I was reprimanded and told never to do it again. So I quit! :wanker: I was 16!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
I quit two jobs in 2004

I heard from one of my former coworkers my manager walked into his office and punched a hole in the wall after I walked out the door.
Before that small place i used to drive for a huge nationwide trucking company, one day one of their trucks is delivering so i said hi to the driver and told him I drove 7 years for the company he works for and he said ' and now you work for this asshole" guy had only been there an hour and saw what a Dick, Richard was. He didn't give me no shit because he feared I would quit and it only took once for him to find out he pushed his luck trying to shit on the wrong person. The place sold out and it was closed down, more like they sold their customer base to another company and shut the doors because they had no pricing power and it wasn't profitable so the owner cashed out while the getting was good.

other place my replacement was Psycho Mike, scary guy who would get mad at people in put them in the hospital, not for treatment and release, for an extended stay. It was a trucking job, I was working mostly at the plant moving trailers in and out of the loading docks and Psycho Mike was low man on the senority list and making deliveries, so once i quit he got stuck with the yard job and my former boss was terrified of the guy. They finally had just cause to fire him which wasn't easy being a union place and called the cops to fire him and had gotten a restraining order against him to stay off the property.

For added pleasure it was a second shift job that ended like at 2am so my former boss was pretty much on his own in the early hours of the morning. Nobody that worked in the place would come to his rescue if Psycho Mike showed up to beat his ass so he lived in fear for a long time until they fired him or he found another job. The place was so dysfunctional new hires to work in the plant or drive would ask within a week, how do the morons stay in business ? Guys that could barely speak english from third world countries where amazed the place was in business within days of working there.

The place had to have a union to protect the workers or they would get fired all the time for doing what management told them to do. The place opperated on the YES BOSS system, couldn't tell the stupid bastards nothing so just say YES BOSS and than wait for them to scream the shit is all wrong and say just did what I was told to do without question.

Place made boxes

Arizona Ice Tea
 Made in Canada on the boxes, another few loads of scrap.

Everyone got tons of overtime do to the dysfunction. They screwed up daily and did things the hard way as normal business.

The middle aged managers or in debt up the ass yuppie shipping manager in places like CT are stressed out people knowing they are screwed if they get fired because they have no real skill to speak of.

Personally they where both nice guys, only problem was they worked for assholes and feared for the jobs and shit on people because that was what they where paid to do.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 05:37:12 AM »

Fantastic advice.  :plus:

richard

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 08:57:50 PM »
good for you. the economy isnt that bad, i havent noticed a fuckin change. i can still buy all the shit i want because i only use cash