Author Topic: Trigger11's avatar  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »
I've got a solution to this avatar issue... crop out the ugly dude, and keep more hot chick.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »
^ :finger: :wanker:

It was supposed to be about me and my avatar! >:(

:thumbdn:

And how the fuck is a discussion about the resizing of avatars NOT about your fucking avatar?  :finger: :finger: :finger:

I don't know, maybe re-proportioning or re-sizing is not really an issue, with some avatars.

I don't have an issue. The thread was supposed to be about the hotness of my avatar, or something like that. I never complained about the odd resizing. I doubt I'll keep that image for long anyway. I was just trying to be a whiny little attention seeking whore-bitch. I've been called a drama queen by some of those close to me, but it's all an act. Shhh! Don't tell! Okay, that's all! Just having fun. If you think there is an issue with the resizing, which definitely occurred on my picture, then by all means figure it out. If it were my board, I would likely obsess over such things, as I like little technical challenges.

I'll step down now...

:soapbox:

Carry on!

Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »
I think it will maintain the aspect ration but add scroll bars. Better just upload the avatar.

Yeah, I had to do that with my animated avatars, even though they weren't bigger than 100x100. I don't know what the old values were, but I'm thinking it was also based on file size perhaps?

I don't see why the file size on linked images should matter. :-\

Me either, but I didn't have anything else to base it on. What were the old values for triggering the resize?

150x150. I didn't change anything.

And how the fuck is a discussion about the resizing of avatars NOT about your fucking avatar?  :finger: :finger: :finger:

I don't know, maybe re-proportioning or re-sizing is not really an issue, with some avatars.

Well see, there has to be some other problem. For starters, both my animated avatars were under 150x150px (100x100 and 96x96). Second, Triggers avatar isnt being resized properly, 170x127 is being scaled down to 142x191. It's not maintaining aspect ratio and is even resizing the vertical beyond 150.

So yeah, there is something definitely up with images that arent hosted here, except when used in a message body. Shows it screwed up on the left of someones message and at the top of each page. I think it also gets messed up in a users control panel as well.

Obviously uploading the image to here will fix it, but only mask the actual problem, what ever that may be.

This is why I posted it the way I did - to demonstrate this, since his avatar is a prime example of what you and Odeon were talking about earlier.

(I was almost anal enough to post a screen shot of the two properties boxes, but I resisted the urge)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
^ :finger: :wanker:

I don't have an issue. The thread was supposed to be about the hotness of my avatar, or something like that. I never complained about the odd resizing. I doubt I'll keep that image for long anyway. I was just trying to be a whiny little attention seeking whore-bitch. I've been called a drama queen by some of those close to me, but it's all an act. Shhh! Don't tell! Okay, that's all! Just having fun. If you think there is an issue with the resizing, which definitely occurred on my picture, then by all means figure it out. If it were my board, I would likely obsess over such things, as I like little technical challenges.

I'll step down now...

:soapbox:

Carry on!

I was totally kidding about anything to do with my avatar. I stole it fair and square, it's mine, I manipulated it, it works, I like it and I do not want to talk about it.

Carrying on ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2008, 07:35:51 AM »
She is so hot. Fiona has good taste in her women.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
sir les!  :hug:  :-*

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »
Trigger's got an issue. Now, if he only could make a coherent post about it, for a change.

Not sure what the issue could be.

I think there's a thread about my avatar, to be honest, though. OK, now I'm pissed. Why are we not talking about my avatar.

I have an issue, I think.

What kind of issue? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
I think it will maintain the aspect ration but add scroll bars. Better just upload the avatar.

Yeah, I had to do that with my animated avatars, even though they weren't bigger than 100x100. I don't know what the old values were, but I'm thinking it was also based on file size perhaps?

I don't see why the file size on linked images should matter. :-\

Me either, but I didn't have anything else to base it on. What were the old values for triggering the resize?

150x150. I didn't change anything.

Well see, there has to be some other problem. For starters, both my animated avatars were under 150x150px (100x100 and 96x96). Second, Triggers avatar isnt being resized properly, 170x127 is being scaled down to 142x191. It's not maintaining aspect ratio and is even resizing the vertical beyond 150.

So yeah, there is something definitely up with images that arent hosted here, except when used in a message body. Shows it screwed up on the left of someones message and at the top of each page. I think it also gets messed up in a users control panel as well.

Obviously uploading the image to here will fix it, but only mask the actual problem, what ever that may be.

I'll have to take another look. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
Trigger's got an issue. Now, if he only could make a coherent post about it, for a change.

Not sure what the issue could be.

I think there's a thread about my avatar, to be honest, though. OK, now I'm pissed. Why are we not talking about my avatar.

I have an issue, I think.

None ...

*allows Odeon to borrow Magic Sarcasm Detection Glasses*

I got past the law of five post countnumber (Satan's number is is a Zero, made my post count five ... a symmetrical five -  five five five five five - see I can do fives all day long, but some hurt) without looking!!!!
Not punked!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:45:04 PM by DirtDawg »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
The distorted proportions hurt my eyes.  :grrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »

None ...

*allows Odeon to borrow Magic Sarcasm Detection Glasses*

:asthing:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »

:D