Educational

Author Topic: I'm doing an experiment.  (Read 570 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
I'm doing an experiment.
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »
Starting after this post, I will only post on Intensity in either images or Youtube videos to express what I am trying to say for the next week.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I'm doing an experiment.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:01 PM »
Starting after this post, I will only post on Intensity in either images or Youtube videos to express what I am trying to say for the next week.

Why, have you forgotten how to type?

:smarty:

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04:08 PM »

Why, have you forgotten how to type?

:smarty:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 11:59:45 PM »
:laugh:

stick with the images - i can't always be bothered with several minutes of vids.  ;)

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »

stick with the images - i can't always be bothered with several minutes of vids.  ;)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:07 AM »

i'm going to love this thread.   :thumbup:

say hello to sam for me.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »
._ _  ....  ._   _   ..  .._.   _._ _  _ _ _  .._   _.  .  .  _..   _  _ _ _   .._  ...  .   _  ....  .   _...  ._  _  ....  ._.  _ _ _  _ _ _  _ _ ?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 09:57:28 AM »

What she said.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »
batcat

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:23:06 AM »
 :lol:  :good: :welcome:

:popcorn:

:blah:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »
I'm blonde and I inhaled in high school, pictures help somedays.  :lol:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 02:28:58 PM »

QFT
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »
Well, its been over a week.  The experiment has been fun.  It's interesting trying to find a good image to express the things I want to express.  I've also realized the difficulty of trying to express complex thoughts when speaking only in pictures.  I've always been a very visual thinker, and thinking in pictures is supposedly an attribute that we Aspies posses.  Expressing my emotions have been easier with the pictures actually.  However, trying to convey the fact that I had a date with the "super cute girl" was near on impossible.  I realized some time back, that when I have an emotion, it's a mental image that flashes in my brain, I see it clearly.  I feel it of course, but it's in the conveyance that things become muddled.  For example, when I'm really happy, this is the image I get in my head:

I see myself dancing like an idiot.  How the hell are you supposed to convey that to other people, without just showing them the video.  Today, I feel like the opening scene of The Matrix Reloaded, when Neo kneels down, puts his hand toward the ground, and shoots up into the sky leaving a wave on the earth behind.  It's crazy, I know.  Nicola Tesla supposedly thought like this, hence my obsession with him.

What does all this mean though?  I don't know.  Language has made our species what we are...  I can only assume that the picture thinking is the more primal version... a gazelle doesn't think to itself, "Oh shit, a lion."  It sees a lion, sees death, and gets the fuck out of there.  And, if a picture truly is worth a thousand words, then our complex language isn't so complex after all...  are we just failing miserably to express the pictures in our heads?  What if you could easily convey the pictures in your head to another person, would it make for a much more meaningful and deep conversation?  I suppose it would depend on the way people perceive the pictures.  A lion to a gazelle is "Oh shit!" but a lion to another lion is "Who the fuck are you?"

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »
dunno about the more profound analysis of your experiment, but it was entertaining, amusing and thought-provoking, so  :thumbup: from me.

:plus:

:hug:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
Well, its been over a week.  The experiment has been fun.  It's interesting trying to find a good image to express the things I want to express.  I've also realized the difficulty of trying to express complex thoughts when speaking only in pictures.  I've always been a very visual thinker, and thinking in pictures is supposedly an attribute that we Aspies posses.  Expressing my emotions have been easier with the pictures actually.  However, trying to convey the fact that I had a date with the "super cute girl" was near on impossible.  I realized some time back, that when I have an emotion, it's a mental image that flashes in my brain, I see it clearly.  I feel it of course, but it's in the conveyance that things become muddled.  For example, when I'm really happy, this is the image I get in my head:

I see myself dancing like an idiot.  How the hell are you supposed to convey that to other people, without just showing them the video.  Today, I feel like the opening scene of The Matrix Reloaded, when Neo kneels down, puts his hand toward the ground, and shoots up into the sky leaving a wave on the earth behind.  It's crazy, I know.  Nicola Tesla supposedly thought like this, hence my obsession with him.

What does all this mean though?  I don't know.  Language has made our species what we are...  I can only assume that the picture thinking is the more primal version... a gazelle doesn't think to itself, "Oh shit, a lion."  It sees a lion, sees death, and gets the fuck out of there.  And, if a picture truly is worth a thousand words, then our complex language isn't so complex after all...  are we just failing miserably to express the pictures in our heads?  What if you could easily convey the pictures in your head to another person, would it make for a much more meaningful and deep conversation?  I suppose it would depend on the way people perceive the pictures.  A lion to a gazelle is "Oh shit!" but a lion to another lion is "Who the fuck are you?"

Don't Stop, for some reason, this video makes my emotions come to the surface.   when  I first saw it I was by myself and it was killing me because even if I had been with someone else at the time, they wouldn't have had the same emotional connection that I did and I would have felt even more alone.   This is definitely a video that I can enjoy by myself. Thanks for posting.   
Feeling neutral is very normal.