Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Respond to trolls in THIS thread.  (Read 896 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Guilty Pleasure: Respond to trolls in THIS thread.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »

See previous

I need to know why this shows up as ""topic=10000""  if the board only reports 7297 topics.

Have we really deleted two thousand seven hundred three topics on this  site???

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:35:20 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »
I just need to know why numbers don't work.

Why the discrepancy?

edited for typos

*sorry for posting illegibly, folks. I was having another fucking sneezing fit. They began flushing the grain elevator a couple of blocks away, preparing for the harvest season. The air was full of mold.

Wank GAWD for last nights heavy rain!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:12:52 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »
Interesting. I don't have an explanation yet so I'll have to do some digging. Recounting all relevant statistics seems like a good place to start.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
There are several explanations I can think of:

- There is still weirdness in the database after the move from Dunc's space to mine. I don't think this is the case, however, because I've done several complete integrity checks of every Intensity db table.

- Topics started by members who have deleted their accounts are not counted. This does make some sense because these former members do not show up on any other statistics. (Consider that McJ deleted his account once, P several times, Eamonn recently deleted his...)

- Some threads have been deleted.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
The ignore mod is saving me now.

Tbh, my fingers are itching to just IP ban the little fuck. He's a complete waste of server space, especially when I'm paying.

Wouldn't be shocked, if you took it to that.
You don't have the will to ignore, and certainly
can't take the heat.

ozymandias

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »
And here's what I want to convey to that troll:

Give me ground round baby
right now
right now
right now

**I want a hamburger so baaaaaaad right now!**

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »

See previous

I need to know why this shows up as ""topic=10000""  if the board only reports 7297 topics.

Have we really delleeted two thousand sevenhundered treee topics on thiss sitee???

A lot of stuff gets killed automatically,
from the deleted crap section of the admin
forum.

Basically, every time someone deletes their own
post, it creates a new topic.

ozymandias

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »

Tbh, my fingers are itching to just IP ban the little fuck. He's a complete waste of server space, especially when I'm paying.

One word......................DON'T!  You will give him a "moral" victory, that Borderline Personality Disorders LIVE FOR.   And I am ready for an excuse to drop another forum from my favorites.

So, do you want me to delete I2 before or after I delete AFF.  Seriously, I am so ready to delete a forum from my favorites.   This is no joke!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »

One word......................DON'T!  You will give him a "moral" victory, that Borderline Personality Disorders LIVE FOR.   And I am ready for an excuse to drop another forum from my favorites.

So, do you want me to delete I2 before or after I delete AFF.  Seriously, I am so ready to delete a forum from my favorites.   This is no joke!

I won't, don't worry. I told you my fingers are itching to do it, but the only ones I've actually banned are minors.

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 05:01:47 AM »

I won't, don't worry. I told you my fingers are itching to do it, but the only ones I've actually banned are minors.

OK, tbh I had the same overwhelming itch when I was admin.   Glad thats over! 

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 09:49:46 AM »

Wouldn't be shocked, if you took it to that.
You don't have the will to ignore, and certainly
can't take the heat.

PitM much?
batcat

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 12:32:47 PM »

- There is still weirdness in the database after the move from Dunc's space to mine. I don't think this is the case, however, because I've done several complete integrity checks of every Intensity db table.

- Topics started by members who have deleted their accounts are not counted. This does make some sense because these former members do not show up on any other statistics. (Consider that McJ deleted his account once, P several times, Eamonn recently deleted his...)

So, once a member has deleted their account, the sequential numbers have been used and count towards the total, but the threads which they started are no longer reported in the forum statistics.
I did not know this.

I was kind of pissed and thinking that maybe something drastic had happened in the early days when the administration staff played dodgy tricks on the site's integrity. That would be a shame, but I assume that if they had done something like delete a bunch of threads, Dunc's back up procedures would have been able to restore any threads that were deleted out of spite.

I am guilty of having Callaway delete a thread that I started, by mistake. I thought I was posting it on an audio site, which I used to keep open along with several others. It uses the same software and default "look"  and I just screwed up. She got rid of it for me. It did not apply to this site at all.

I have basically faded away from all the audio or music related sites. My intention was to "get a job" and fade away from spending as much time here, but I stayed here and faded away from everywhere else.

:violin:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:36:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 01:43:32 PM »

So, once a member has deleted their account, the sequential numbers have been used and count towards the total, but the threads which they started are no longer reported in the forum statistics.
I did not know this.

Also, if you (or anyone else) deletes your post, then that post starts its own topic in the deleted posts forum, so I think that number would be used up as well.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 01:51:12 PM »

I did not know this.

Also, if you (or anyone else) deletes your post, then that post starts its own topic in the deleted posts forum, so I think that number would be used up as well.

Oh yes, that's right. Forgot that.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:48 PM »

That would certainly create a huge discrepancy, especially considering that RobertN deleted all his posts at one point.